• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rider Missing - Lolo Pass to W. Yellowstone

M

Muneio

Re: Rider Missing - Lolo Pass to W. Yellowstone

Originally Posted by Smithee on 9/7/09 at the Pashnit forums
Quote:

Donald Masters left Orofino, ID, Monday, August 31, headed for West Yellowstone and then on to Denver. He has not been seen or heard from since. We have reason to believe he may have gone missing Monday (he was due into Denver Wednesday). He was riding a black 2008 Goldwing, Colorado Plate #327-UTH.

If you are riding Lolo Pass, or anywhere between Missoula and W. Yellowstone, please be on the lookout for Donald and his bike. He's 62 years old, weighs about 175 and is about 5'9" tall. His bike would have been loaded with a fair amount of gear as he was on a 2+ week trip. If you have seen him or have information about him or his bike, anyone with information or concerns call me at 509-240-0178, or my wife (Donald's sister) at 509-240-0177.

Thank you for your concern and help.

This is a picture of him on the silver Goldwing he owned before getting the black 'Wing earlier this year:
n1508615415_3279.jpg

645440971_rQrfJ-O.jpg

UPDATE!

Re-post from ADV Riders:

Re: Search for Donald Masters of Orofino, ID 9/12/2009
LostBrit posted this:
I just heard back from Clearwater chief of police, they confirm a report was made and an initial investigation that confirms the CC usage in Lolo.

They also report a subsequent check and CC usage at Fay Meyers (Honda MC dealer) in Denver on 8th Sept.

The detective assigned to the case is supposed to call me in the morning, I will post a further update then.

-- Mark

This is good.

Hope he's okay. I do a lot of solo miles and carry Spot on the bike so family and close friends can track me. It lessens the concern all around.

Was reading on ADVRider that he never made it to the KOA just west of Yellowstone. There was a traffic cam in Darby, MT that showed him passing southbound on 93 around 1630 on the 31st. Nothing since. No phone calls, no credit card usage, nothing. damn.

That is why I own a SPOT tracker.

I hope he is found safe and sound, but the longer it goes, the less the chances of a happy outcome.

Some conflict here?

Sept 9 in Denver at a Honda dealer with CC usage(by AdvRider report)? Not heard from since the 31st(Aug)? Whats this? Is he missing on purpose? Best regards to all involved. Hope he's

Sept 9 in Denver at a Honda dealer with CC usage(by AdvRider report)? Not heard from since the 31st(Aug)? Whats this? Is he missing on purpose? Best regards to all involved. Hope he's

Did you read all of the posts in the topic ?
Its in the Regional area under the Rockies.
I have read that thread and it suggests that the cc charge was a automatic charge on a pre-orderd part that he was going to pick up.

Bozeman Area Montana

I just sent an email and text out to area people I know that are usually out in and around the Bozeman area that may see him. He may have rerouted through here which leads to West Yellowstone. Worth putting out there.

Hope he is okay, keep us all posted. My thoughts are with you.

Donald Masters RIP

It saddens me to have learned that he has been found by some elk hunters.

Re: Search for Donald Masters-MT area (Facts Only)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is with a heavy heart that I bring you the news.

Donald Masters has been found at a crash site on Rt 93 around mile marker 322.1 between North Fork, ID and Salmon, ID

Donald and his bike were spotted by Elk hunters that were out tracking a buck. There was about 150' of shoulder and then a steep drop off into a drainage irrigation ditch. The are was covered in thick brush. He was wearing his helmet.

Out of respect to the family and loved ones we will be closing this thread and creating a Memorial Page to Donald where you can share some kinds words with everyone.

My thoughts and Prayers are with the family.

Rest in Peace Donald Masters.
Larry Jensen
on behalf of the Motorcycle Community

Last edited:
Back