• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Oil pressure switch?

Kev95gs

goob
Went to start La Chica Vieja up last night and no go.
After trying to start a couple of times I noticed the fuel pump wasn't energizing.

Found blown fuse, not sure why, but replaced it and now pump energizes.

But, then I noticed oil dripping at the center stand. Followed it and appears to have come from around the oil pressure switch.

Could pressure build up from not firing and cause oil to leak there or do I have another issue?

Also, anyone know what size nut that is (at the oil pressure switch)? It's bigger than anything I have.

Thanks
Kev

Went to start La Chica Vieja up last night and no go.
After trying to start a couple of times I noticed the fuel pump wasn't energizing.

Found blown fuse, not sure why, but replaced it and now pump energizes.

But, then I noticed oil dripping at the center stand. Followed it and appears to have come from around the oil pressure switch.

Could pressure build up from not firing and cause oil to leak there or do I have another issue?

Also, anyone know what size nut that is (at the oil pressure switch)? It's bigger than anything I have.

Thanks
Kev

Those leak sometimes...get a new one. Use a 24mm deep socket. The new one comes with a crush washer. Don't over tighten it.

K100, k1100, k75, r1100 r12c & K1 all use the same switch. I was in a bind couple
years ago and discovered the pressure switch from a 1984 318i fit my K75 perfectly.
Available most any car part store for $12 or so.

Y'all rock! :rocker

92K, I reckon it's time. I was gonna retorque it but don't have a big enough socket.

Thanks!
Kev

K100, k1100, k75, r1100 r12c & K1 all use the same switch. I was in a bind couple
years ago and discovered the pressure switch from a 1984 318i fit my K75 perfectly.
Available most any car part store for $12 or so.

Don't torque it! Replace it because it is leaking from the insulated part, not because it is loose or anything.

Back