Thread: I have arrived!!!!

On the Road

I have arrived!!!!

Hello fellow Beemerphiles! I finally drank from the Kool-Aid and dove into the deep end and purchased my 1st BMW last year. It is a chewed, used, abused, put away wet 1992 R100GS PD that I found in a basement of a customer of mine's home. I finally got it on the road, somewhat, and still working out some of the kinks caused by the PO.

I have posted in some detail of my sweet ride on 2 other forums that I'm a member of which are: www.northeastsporttouring.com and www.advrider.com. I hope to do the same here and get the wisdom of other airhead enthusiasts as I'm like a child learning and experiencing things for the first time. I really love getting my hands dirty and the satisfaction I get from maintaining and repairing my PD.

I look forward to meeting fellow members in the days, months and years to come. I hope that one day I will be able to pass my wisdom I learned from the great people here to the newly born Kool-Aid sippers that come.

-Kevin Daly-

Greetings from Florida. I pretty new here too. Learned not to complain about the MOA pin.
    John
    2004 BMW R1150R Black
    Contact me 4 (1&1) training, Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction

On the Road
    And I almost forgot. If any of you live in the Hudson Valley area of NY and are looking for a ride partner. Hit me up. I'm always looking to find roads and places I haven't explored yet.

I plan on attending the Color in the Catskills in October. I want to do the dual sport riding clinic there.

Welcome to the BMW MOA and the Forum! Have fun at the Color in the Catskills..... wish I could be there.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador; MOA Director
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

JAMESDUNN
    Good to have you! Glad to see you rescued a basement bike. Wish you many happy rides.

Quote Originally Posted by motorman587 View Post
    Learned not to complain about the MOA pin.
    A very critical issue for some..........
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Excellent first post and story of how you came to be a Beemer owner. You've already done a wonderful thing by rescuing one of the nicest BMW's ever, and I'll bet it is going to reward you with many, many miles of great riding. Good to have you here - welcome!
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Foundation Secretary, Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS