• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member - Las Vegas... Baby! (pic)

RobStar

Howdy!

My name is Robert from Las Vegas and I ride the F800GS pictured below. If my bike looks familiar to you, it is the "F800GS poster child" for Jesse Bags on their sales site and trade shows. That photo was seven months, 8500 miles, a lot of Farkles and a few "naps" ago.

I came from bike / MTB racing and this is my first bike with a motor other than my own two legs... I'm lovin' it!

So far I've done several trips through Death Valley including a four day trip there that included Saline Valley Rd, Scotty's Castle, Furnace Creek Wash, Bishop, CA and Panamint Springs. I've also ridden up the CA coast through Big Sur, down to Big Bear and just came back from eight days riding in Alaska (Alaska was an F800GS rental).

Basically I joined BMWMOA just for the discounts and the rental discount in Alaska at AKRider paid for my membership a few times over. My first copy of the BMW magazine came today and I'm already marking my calendar for the Cedar City, UT weekend later this month and the Rally in Redmond next year.

Professionally I'm a Steadicam and Specialty Camera Operator for film and television. If you've seen the Country Music Awards, Shark Week, anything with Vegas aerials or even MTV Cribs you've probably seen my work.

I'm all about the gov't keeping their noses out of our business and the 2nd Amendment!

C'mon out to Vegas, ride or rent and lets go for a ride! :dance

:usa

RobStar

My bike seven months ago:
starlingf800gs_13.jpg

My rental in Alaska two week ago on the Denali Highway near Tangle River:
alaskadenalibikebowl.jpg

Me, my bike and our Death Valley Welcoming Committee!
GSpackedfingers.jpeg

Welcome Robstar - a true celebrity!!

Awesome welcoming committee you got there!

I've always enjoyed riding off road and from the looks of it you got all you need.

By the way, great pictures but that would be expected from you.

Looks like you could write up a great ride report with some awesome photography.

Welcome and check in often.

Luis

Not only is your bike a "poster child", your is an fine example of how to introduce yourself, complete with pics. Good job.:thumb

Now about the welcoming committee ..................:laugh

Looking forward to reading some of your ride reports and more of those great pictures.

Welcome to the family. :wave

Welcome

welcome Mr. RobStar.

I admire you for your wonderful intro. Beautiful pictures.
I will practice my english until I am almost as good as you are with words. I do, however, feel a little proud by knowing how much joy that little thing brings to you that was build in my country:german

Back