• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Disgruntled New Member...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a new member you should get one for 2009 and then when the 2010 comes out you should get that as well.

If you don't get the 2009 one, contact Becky Weber at the MOA HQ, she is the Membership Manager, and she will get you one.

i think i will contact becky here soon as it has been about a month since i joined and though i got the initial letter with sticker, patch, etc i have yet to get an anonymous book. i would really like to have one so i'll just do some checking on that.

thanks for the tip!

So does the 5 year pin come when you pay your 6th year dues or 5th year dues?

Fifth. I initially joined for five years and I was surprised to get a five-year pin immediately. But then, if you aren't allowed to quit ... :scratch

Maybe the issue of a member pin with a new membership would be a good thing to do. A piece of engraved metal does have a sort of permanence that a sticker and patch do not. Many organizations that I have belonged to at one time or another does this.

If the club still sells them for $2.00 or so, they can't cost the club too dearly.

I have one I bought a few years ago, $2.00 then if I recall correctly

Attachments

• DSC00673AC.jpg
    DSC00673AC.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 140
HudsonRiver, you have every right to be pissed. You wanted a pin, it's important to you, and by golly, you ought to have one! Here's an idea. Go to www.advrider.com. There are a lot of beemer folks there. Go right to the Jomomma section and tell them how unhappy you are about this situation. YOu'll get all kinds of good ideas from that site.

I have one I bought a few years ago, $2.00 then if I recall correctly

Wow! That is really an old logo. I would call that pin "unobtainium"
Good on you for scoring such a piece of club history.

HudsonRiver, you have every right to be pissed. You wanted a pin, it's important to you, and by golly, you ought to have one! Here's an idea. Go to www.advrider.com. There are a lot of beemer folks there. Go right to the Jomomma section and tell them how unhappy you are about this situation. YOu'll get all kinds of good ideas from that site.

:ha

You're mean.

After six pages and nearly eighty posts, Mr. Hudsonriver has not ONCE made the slightest gesture to reach for a single one of the many olive branches which have been extended in his direction. Not ONE single time.

Charlie - BMWMOA 18876

I noticed that too. I think it is time we hunt down Mr Hudsonriver and FORCE him
to appreciate what a great group this is! :laugh

All right everybody, let's not take ourselves to seriously here.

Hopefully hudsonriver understands the slightly demented sense of humor we have around here sometimes. I will re0iterate what I said before:

Welcome to the Club and forum! If you do want a pin, we will get you one. If you are just pulling our leg, you done one heck of a job based on the number of views and posts. Good on you.

Now I think it's time to put this one to bed.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back