• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member from Waynesville, NC

S

Stan09

After about 30 years I am a motorcycle owner again. I recently bought a 2001 K1200LT and am re-aquainting myself to the feel again. Two wheels are not new to me since I have been an avid cyclist for many years. My goal is not long distance touring at least in the short term. My wife and I look forward to riding the Blue Ridge Parkway and we plan to spend a few months this winter in Phoenix and I plan to take the bike and do rides of one on two day duration in the Southwest.

hi stan - welcome here.

my wife and i have a place in clyde, up 209 north of I-40.

in addition to the BRP, i would strongly recommend a ride up 209 to Hot Springs.

another good ride is south on 276 over the hill to brevard.

oh, and another good one is NC215 over the hill to rossman.

oh, and definitely 107 to cashiers... 64 to highlands...

as you well know, there are a million great motorcycle roads up there.

hopefully we can catch up with each other in the future.

ian

ps => i can give you some good recommendations in arizona, too! :evil

Welcome Stan - to the board and the MOA

You'll find a treasure trove of information here.

Please check in often and post some pictures of your upcomig travels.

Welcome Aboard Stan

Welcome Aboard Stan :wave

Just about any technical question you might have about your rides
and
where to take them touring is available here either via the search button
or
by just starting a new thread.

Come back often and post a few pictures of that LT, the Blue Ridge Parkway and Phoenix.

Paul

After about 30 years I am a motorcycle owner again. I recently bought a 2001 K1200LT and am re-aquainting myself to the feel again. Two wheels are not new to me since I have been an avid cyclist for many years. My goal is not long distance touring at least in the short term. My wife and I look forward to riding the Blue Ridge Parkway and we plan to spend a few months this winter in Phoenix and I plan to take the bike and do rides of one on two day duration in the Southwest.

Welcome. We've stayed in Waynesville on a couple of trips -- what a great place to live -- and so close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and so many great roads in your vicinity. I especially enjoy riding 215 and 276. I'm a re-entry rider also -- got back into riding a few years ago. We bought our first BMW last November and have been enjoying the forum ever since -- it's informative and entertaining. Here at the forum, we're always clamoring for more photos -- please post some of your first Blue Ridge Parkway ride if you're so inclined. Again, welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.

Welcome Stan! I live in Waynesville and look forward to meeting you. Should have posted your arrival Saturday. We left Waynesville yesterday morning, up 209 to Hot Springs, over to Mars Hill then on to Little Switzerland for lunch. Took the BRP back with a stop at Mount Mitchell. Great day!

Tommy

Welcome. Glad to have you here. Lucky you to live in an area with such great riding!

Ride Well.

Back