• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

West Michigan and beyond Tech Day - Sept. 26, 2009

P

perniculous

Hello Friends:

I and another gent from bmwsporttouring.com will be hosting a BMW tech day on Saturday Sept 26 in Zeeland (next to Holland), Michigan.

The Tech Day will take place at my business, Black Swamp Percussion. What the heck is that? We manufacture concert and orchestral percussion musical instruments. We have an 11,000 sq ft manufacturing facility with plenty of room for bikes. There is a large parking lot out back too. People will be free to use the tools we have, plus we have compressed air, and a variety of metalworking equipment like saws, buffers, grinders, a lathe, plus a wire welder. If someone has it in the their brain to make some custom gizmo for their bike this will be the place to do it. We do have some scrap metal like aluminum bar stock, rod, etc. that you can freely use. We have plenty of large fans for TB syncs.

The business name is Black Swamp Percussion and the offices face James St. However, riders will want to come north off of Business 196 (locally known as Chicago Drive) onto 112th Ave. You will cross some tracks and be approaching a light. You will want to turn into the driveway on the right (east) side of the road right next to Fastenal and before you get to the light. We'll put up a BMW Tech Daze sign at both the office parking lot (on James St.) and on the driveway that leads to the back of the building (on 112th).

Also, my friend Terence has a professional photography business in the same building, and is a '97 R1100RT rider. He is checking his availability to come that day, but if he does I've asked him to shoot photos. I bet if we talk nice to him he'll take some sweet shots of you and your ride.

Address is:

Black Swamp Percussion
11114 James St.
Zeeland, MI 49464

R.S.V.P.'s are very helpful to plan for space, food, etc. You can do that by emailing me, Eric Sooy, at esooy@blackswamp.com. Putting something like "BMW Tech Day" in the subject line is helpful for me to find your email in my obscenely full inbox. If you are a tech guru your help and presence would be greatly appreciated! Shed your modesty and let me know if you are full of mechanical mojo!

Here is a map to the location:

mapto11114jamesst.jpg

Also, here is another link to the event thread on bmwst.com.

More details to follow as they become available.

Thanks,
Eric

Back