Thread: Incredible ride report from UK to Mongolia

Fortes fortuna iuvat

Incredible ride report from UK to Mongolia

I highly recommend checking this one posted from our brothers over at UKGSer's. It details their ride from the United Kingdom, across Europe and into central Asia & Mongolia.

The pictures alone are spectacular.

Here is the link.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199414

do ya ever feel like selling everything and just go?

thanks for the link.

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Great pictures - I admire their grit.

Thanks for the link.

Anyone fancy a Trucker's Knuckle?

Great stuff.....
    Steve Marquardt

And another one. Solo from the UK to Mongolia on an R80GS. Just arrived in Mongolia. http://tiffanystravels.co.uk/
    1983 R100RT hacked w/Cozy Rocket My blog
    2012 Ural Patrol
    Airhead #10576

A friend of mine from Spain was in the Stans, his blog is here. The only drawback is the music ad so just shut that part off.

http://www.miquelsilvestre.com/blog.html

Miquel will be coming across the US from San Fran to the Catskills starting Sept 7th by way of western Canada. He has a new GS 1200.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Thumbs up Great thread

Quote Originally Posted by richardak View Post
    And another one. Solo from the UK to Mongolia on an R80GS. Just arrived in Mongolia. http://tiffanystravels.co.uk/
    I exchanged her email with www.2ridetheworld.com since they are in the same area.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

It's amazing what some folks will do to get away from the UK isn't it.

I even risked life , limb and sanity, by travelling to the USA just to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by lamble View Post
    It's amazing what some folks will do to get away from the UK isn't it.

I even risked life , limb and sanity, by travelling to the USA just to get away.
    It might have something to do with building a railroad and establishing order.

What is up with Rally Mongolia ? Lets build a tough car or truck, drive to Mongolia and beat the piss out of it to raise money for children there. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just put a few pounds sterling in an envelope and mail it ? How about a tea bag ?

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    It might have something to do with building a railroad and establishing order.

What is up with Rally Mongolia ? Lets build a tough car or truck, drive to Mongolia and beat the piss out of it to raise money for children there. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just put a few pounds sterling in an envelope and mail it ? How about a tea bag ?
    I tried the money and books in parcels a few times, to places around the world. They don't usually arrive.

I noticed that 'airhead GS' that Dennis was riding is not a gs but rather an R100R. Good on him for taking a pretty little street-bike into those conditions...but then again, the R is just a prettied-up, lowered-down GS!
    2012 R1200GS
    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad
    http://www.thethingaboutcars.com/

Incredible - I have always thought the GS was the ulitmate bike - this proves it.

One of my favorite pictures was the kid with the basketball intently watching the guy wok on his bike.

Thanks for the link
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Fantastic ride report. I must say I was nearly spellbound.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!