• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Incredible ride report from UK to Mongolia

A friend of mine from Spain was in the Stans, his blog is here. The only drawback is the music ad so just shut that part off.

http://www.miquelsilvestre.com/blog.html

Miquel will be coming across the US from San Fran to the Catskills starting Sept 7th by way of western Canada. He has a new GS 1200.

It's amazing what some folks will do to get away from the UK isn't it.

I even risked life , limb and sanity, by travelling to the USA just to get away.

It's amazing what some folks will do to get away from the UK isn't it.

I even risked life , limb and sanity, by travelling to the USA just to get away.

It might have something to do with building a railroad and establishing order.

What is up with Rally Mongolia ? Lets build a tough car or truck, drive to Mongolia and beat the piss out of it to raise money for children there. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just put a few pounds sterling in an envelope and mail it ? How about a tea bag ?

It might have something to do with building a railroad and establishing order.

What is up with Rally Mongolia ? Lets build a tough car or truck, drive to Mongolia and beat the piss out of it to raise money for children there. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just put a few pounds sterling in an envelope and mail it ? How about a tea bag ?

I tried the money and books in parcels a few times, to places around the world. They don't usually arrive.

I noticed that 'airhead GS' that Dennis was riding is not a gs but rather an R100R. Good on him for taking a pretty little street-bike into those conditions...but then again, the R is just a prettied-up, lowered-down GS!

Incredible - I have always thought the GS was the ulitmate bike - this proves it.

One of my favorite pictures was the kid with the basketball intently watching the guy wok on his bike.

Thanks for the link :thumb :thumb

Back