• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I couldn't believe my eyes

mrskbasa

List Mistress
Went to the races Saturday at Sears Point, currently Inferior, 'er Infinion Raceway...

Dave wanted to try an Aprilla out, so off to the test rides we went. While I waited for his return :snore, I got to see an amazing feat of stupidity.

I see some guy struggling with a bike, kinda paddle walking it. But, almost like he was trying to get it started. Some other dude comes running after him, wearing a bright yellow shirt (Buell employees only, 'cause I tried to snatch one for myself). Oh, it's a Buell that won't start, I think to myself. He was pushing the guy to bump start this demo bike to load it in the truck.

Yeah, that's it...

Now there is two dudes chasing this guy. 2 guys to push a little Buell??? Then, another bike takes off.

??:dunno

Then, suddenly, a truck parked between the two manufacturers takes off squeeling tires & peeling rubber down the strip. OH NO!

THAT DUDE WAS STEALING THAT BIKE?? :doh

Well, by the time I got up to the gate at the top of the hill. You know, the one with no exit? They had him. I heard they had pinned him to the ground after getting him off the bike, but he was standing when I saw him. No riding gear, no helmet, barely able to ride a bike gear or no gear.

Sonoma County Sheriff was there in a few minutes. After determining that the bike was "legally registered for the road" , it became CHP jurisdiction and much more serious charges. I guess stealing a dirt bike or off road/unregistered bike doesn't rate.

Wish I had a picture of the dude on the bike.

What a Moron....

.............darwinism at work, too bad our tax dollars will be paying for his next few meals...

Did they drag him back to the pits behind the truck? :brow

No?

Dang!

He sure looked upset.

The cops kept him away from the Buell guys once, because he started to yell at them....

MrsKbasa said:
He sure looked upset.

The cops kept him away from the Buell guys once, because he started to yell at them....

Tsk, tsk. Must've forgot his manners for a moment, eh?

If all he looked was upset ...then perhaps a few more minutes with the Buell guys could've fixed that. Debts of honor can be worked out on the spot. :evil

This reminds me a bit of that situation at the Oscars where the one winner
used the platform to take a jab at President Bush's policies, and after he left
the stage Steve Martin quipped something about... how nice,
now the Teamsters are helping him into the trunk of his limo.
It was about as funny as the Martin classic line to a heckler
"I remember my first beer..."
Treasure the memory always, Mrs. KBasa, how often do
you get to see one of the dangerous but inept foiled in the act?

Back