• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from Nebraska

kwkinser

I am a returning rider and the proud new owner of a 2009 R1200RT. I am also new to the BMW motorcycle experience but well versed in their four wheel cousins. Over the years have been a member of many forums and clubs, but am absolutely amazed at the community and wealth of information compiled on this wonderful site.

The bike has been in our stable now since 6/25 and so far the odometer is sitting at 3160 miles, and it seems to get better with each mile. Only farkle so far is the CalSci windshield and the 49L case, oh and the considerable bug apparently lodged in the oil cooler fins.

Looking forward to many rides and contributing what I can to this community

Attachments

• 09RT.jpg
    09RT.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 37
Welcome home. Great looking ride. Thanks for posting the picture.

Sounds like you have been poking around a little on the forum. Of course, Hexheads is the place to ask your technical or bike specific questions.

Would love to hear about some of your rides. Some Beemer riders ride to eat, others eat to ride. Either way, we like to hear about out of the way places with good eats.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Welcome, KW. Good to have you here and happy you found us. I'd love to hear about some of your favorite rides, or better yet I'd love to see pictures of your rides. Whereabouts in NE?

Go RED!

Thanks for the warm welcome, good to be here. The majority of my rides since the MSF class have been solo and dedicated to regaining and refining my riding skills after a 15 year hiatus. After reviewing the threads it would appear we are in very good company with many others who are reentering this adventure. Our previous motorcycle was a 1985 Goldwing Interstate, which we sold in 94 prior to moving to Nebraska from SoCal.

The last few weeks have been dedicated to those most important pillion skills and happily have received no helmet slaps yet, but still a lot of work to do when it comes to being smooth. My wife and I are definitely in the eat to ride group, which is good so long as we are riding two up on the RT. We hail from Bellevue Nebraska, and have scheduled our first two up trip the last two weeks of September to see the grandkids in Camdenton, MO and then over to Chicago for a little fun.

Still plotting out the route, so if anyone knows of some nice twisties between St. Louis and Chicago please chime in, and will post the tour pictures after the trip.
:dance

KW

Bellevue, NE, eh? Right outside of Omaha? I spent 4 years at Offutt AFB, and grew to really enjoy that area. My wife was a teacher at Omaha Central H.S. I would guess you could find nice riding following the Missouri River north and south. Anyhow, welcome again.

Welcome KW - sweet ride - black is an awesome color!

Since you have been checking out the place, so to speak ,and if you are comfortable turning your own wrenches, then you may want to peruse the Hexhead DIY/Techincal forum (if you haven't already).

It is a compilation by various folks who have put together a rather comprehensive review of the major maintaince items associated to the hexhead bike.

So please ask questions you need answering, or post information you found out or tell us about a ride you had.

This is a great community and we look forward your contributions.

Luis

Hi, KW. Welcome.

I was up in NE today; rode to Lincoln for a pie party. Missed the pie, but had a great ride!

Tom

Back