• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

The GS on Boreas Pass, Colorado - Helmetcam Video

sfarson

The other day I attached the helmetcam for a journey up and over Boreas Pass (Gourmet lunch at the top sitting on a rock).

Boreas Pass offered the shortest train route from Denver to the lucrative mines in Leadville, crossing the Continental Divide twice. It was closed down in 1938. In 1952 a dirt/rock road was built over the train bed.

If you have broadband... enjoy the ride, the scenery, the piano, the history, the autumn colors. The file size is hefty as I try to maintain quality for the scenery and colors. May have to wait a minute or so for the video buffer to fill.

Boreas Pass Streaming Video

boreas.jpg

Awsome ride and video work.

I'd be interested in seeing your video setup. What sort of cam did you use. I never seem to take many photos on rides, this would be a great way to capture and share the experience.

Wow

What a gas. I love this forum. Thanks for going to all that trouble to share the ride with us. Dang. Shoot. Way cool.

MCMXCIV-RS said:
Awsome ride and video work.

I'd be interested in seeing your video setup. What sort of cam did you use. I never seem to take many photos on rides, this would be a great way to capture and share the experience.

Thanks everyone!

I have two camcorder mounts, but the one connecting directly to BMW gas cap rings would shake too much on a GS off road ride (but they are great for street rides -- sportbikecam.com), so I velcro'd a lipstick sized camera (found at helmetcamera.com) to the side of my helmet, and connected this helmet cam to a camcorder sitting in a tank bag.

I'm finding I'm enjoying going on the ride (virtually) again... and again. I see things I didn't note before... like the clouds when I pause for a look back, or the unintended timing of the music with certain video elements, or the lake towards the end.

Bike vids have an extra element to them when following another rider, but alas, I was alone this day, up high and secluded... which I guess was OK :).

Blue Knight said:
OUTSTANDING!

What is the title of the sound track? Sounds a lot like a recording from Narada or Windham Hill.

Mike

Yes there is similarity! The artist is George Winston.

The first track is...
"Some Children See Him (From December)" A George Winston Sampler

The second track is...
"Give Me You Hand/La Valse Pour Les Pettes Jeunes Filles" George Winston "Plains"

Piano solos seem to go well with peaceful, lonely, and scenic rides.

Watching this video made me anxious to get back to Colorado next year to ride again. Great video, and great post!

WOW!

Speakers that look just like potted plants!

Don't mind me; I'm amazed at the quality of the video and editing. Really nice work, and thanks for putting it up where so many can see it.

:yow

Thanks for sharing I finally got a chance to watch it, I was stationed out in NM> over 20 years ago I really miss being out west. It kinda made me home sick :( Again Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing!:thumb :thumb Scenery like that is probably why most of us are riding. Great editing too, really well done :clap :clap
You made it look easy keeping your head still enough for the picture quality to be great too, none of that 'Blair Witch' BS:heh

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Can't say it enough. That was just great and thanks for sharing such a beautiful ride.:p Colorado is about my favorite place to be, and I can't wait for my next chance to get back there. Some of the best trout fishing I've ever enjoyed!:clap

The road not traveled by a K12RS

Although those roads didn't look so bad, I've never ridden into Breckenridge that way. I tend to prefer twisty pavement, and there is lots of that in them thar parts.

WOW, now for winter PMS I can put a fan in the garage, put the monitor up behind the windscreen, and try to fix the PMS.

Back