• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Where did the brake fluid go?

beeryboats

Hi All,
I consider myself a fairly good wrench, but my '01 R11RT has me a bit perplexed. After I got home from the national in TN I noticed the front brake was low of fluid. Thinking the the fron pads had worn I went out and bought new ones. But the old ones turned out to be fine. Lot's of life left, almost new. The dealer said I may have had an air bubble in the system somewhere. I have yet to take off the plastic to look for leaks at the antilock servo mess. I added fluid and will keep a sharp eye on the level. Has anyone else had this happen?

Check in the ABS reservoir under the tank - check for leaks around the ABS pump and along the various lines and connections.

I know on the iABS 1150 if you do a brake fluid change and top up the fluid before bedding the front brake pads you will see a minor to major drop in the brake fluid level in the ABS unit. Not sure if same would occur in the brake system on an 1100.

Pin Hole

I had a pin hole leak that would spray out the BF under pressure, but not noticable sitting in garage. Finally it gave out and I put on Speigler lines. Perhaps pumping the brakes in the garage will reveal your leak?

CB

Back