• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking to switch...

Bus issue redux

The prior explanation regarding the GMC Bus was from the dealer (Not sure if this is the most reliable source....). These new bus systems are far more software dependent than the older systems.

Again, I think that if the undersized alternator was on an older model vehicle, either the battery would drain, or all the systems would equally be deprived of current (though the resistance grid requiring a larger load may see a larger drop off in current), or both would occur. And, unless one knows how the new bus is intended to operate, one can easily get into trouble adding farkles or working on these systems.

From back on page 1: Drive line splines do not exist on the K1300 bikes. Also, the teeney little clutch on the R-bikes is replaced by a strong multi-plate wet clutch.

No more taking the thing halfway apart to check and lube splines. BTDT and I don't miss it.:)

From back on page 1: Drive line splines do not exist on the K1300 bikes. Also, the teeney little clutch on the R-bikes is replaced by a strong multi-plate wet clutch.

No more taking the thing halfway apart to check and lube splines. BTDT and I don't miss it.:)

Good to know. I presume this is the same with the K1200GT as well.

:scratch - not to be a wiseguy but do you mean these splines that I lubed up this weekend on my 1300??

Attachments

• 17_Rear End Dropped.jpg
    17_Rear End Dropped.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 45
Well....mostly I'm concerned with those damn clutch/input shaft splines. I had those splines go out on a '92 K75 way back when and my R started showing symptoms last year. I lubed them on the R about 3-4K miles ago and all seems ok, so far.

Looks like the rear drive on your K just pivots down and out of the way, exposing the splines. Is it really that easy?

Back