• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member from Chicago

C

cerlewein8

Hello everyone new BMW owner here. Been riding for 15 years and finally found my dream bike a 2000 R1150GS. Went all the way to New York to pick the bike up and rode 900 miles in 13 hrs. home. I have had the bike a month and already put 4000 miles on it. Can't wait to make the trip to Purdue Bay Alaska. Been a real pleasure riding this bike so far.:twirl

Can't wait to make the trip to Purdue Bay Alaska. Been a real pleasure riding this bike so far.:twirl

Welcome to the forum... if you're planning to head up north, don't wait too long or you will be dealing with snow and polar bears!

:wave

Hello everyone new BMW owner here. Been riding for 15 years and finally found my dream bike a 2000 R1150GS. Went all the way to New York to pick the bike up and rode 900 miles in 13 hrs. home. I have had the bike a month and already put 4000 miles on it. Can't wait to make the trip to Purdue Bay Alaska. Been a real pleasure riding this bike so far.:twirl

Nice!!

Welcome to the forum - I was going to suggest for you to check out the various forums such as the Oil Head forthe bike and regional for your area - but you'll be out riding!!

Have fun and check in when you can :thumb

Thanks for the kind words. The trip to Alaska will be next year, as for this year I will keep riding as much as I can since the weather here in Chicago goes from summer to winter at a moments notice.

Can't wait to make the trip to Purdue Bay Alaska.[/QUOTE said:
Purdue is just a couple of hours away, it's in Indiana, there's a University there. You don't need a GS for that.:stick

Deadhorse and Purdhoe Bay are another matter, a GS is a fine steed for that trip. I just got back.

Join the Chicago area BMW club, several of us have done this trip.

I just read your post on your trip. I am actually the one who came and saw your bike when it was for sale. Are you still selling it? I ended up with the bike I have now and enjoyed the ride back very much.;)

Purdue is just a couple of hours away, it's in Indiana, there's a University there. You don't need a GS for that.:stick

Deadhorse and Purdhoe Bay are another matter,
Obviously a Purdue grad ... 'Prudhoe'. :laugh

Welcome to the madness. Sounds like you have been infected with Beemer disease. :laugh

Back