• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2010 bmw r1200rt? R1300rt?

Anything new on new RT since February?

Thanks for this article, but isn't this article dated Feb 7, 09, or if it is a European dating, then perhaps 2 July 09? When does BMW usually announce its new models? Wondering b/c I'm interested in buying an RT and am not currently a BMW owner, so am just learning about these bikes.

Computer translation:

http://translate.google.com/transla...0-bmw-r1300rt.html&sl=fr&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

BMW_R1300RT_projection_stpz.jpg

Why don't they just put the new inline four in the thing and get it over with already...

It would have all the power you need, better ergos then the GT and great handling to boot...

I would buy it.

And then they can cant it 55 degrees, give it 160 hp and........

Oh they already have that :brow

This dates me.

I think the prettiest RT ever made was the 2004 R1150RT.

I have a 2007 R1200RT, which is much superior in performance, but I still wish BMW had put all the new tech into the fairing and style of the 2004 R1150RT.

The R1300RT to me is no improvement in style over the R1200RT and may even be worse.

The prettiest RT:

04-left-front-quarter.jpg

Having owned an '04 RT I do believe it was a great looking bike. By the end of it's life cycle though it was starting to look a bit dated compared to the newer bikes coming out.

I bought an '07 RT after riding one because everything I had a complaint about on the 1150, they fixed on the 1200. I did not care for the styling however...

I really like the new 1300 and I've heard the same can be said of the new generation; all the complaints have been addressed.

I'm glad I bought the 2008 RT ,after seeing the 2010 RT and S1000RR styling with the ugly, asymmetrical headlights and the 2010 RT black lumpy valve covers - yuck. what are they thinking in styling design there ? And I have been in the design field myself for 34 years ! They said in the July OTL , p31 ,that they saved a whole "full pound "of weight on the S1000RR by having the round eye on one side instead of the fairing-styled headlight on both sides - Whoopee !

Not sure on the picture ....

I was in my dealership today, and they confirmed the HP2 motor in the 2010. However, they mMentioned BMW Corp only just recently confirmed the HP2 motor in past couple of weeks, so any "pictures" of body changes are completely conjecture.

Just my .02...

I was in my dealership today, and they confirmed the HP2 motor in the 2010. However, they mMentioned BMW Corp only just recently confirmed the HP2 motor in past couple of weeks, so any "pictures" of body changes are completely conjecture.

Just my .02...

My dealer told me Saturday that there will not be a new RT in 2010, and the 1300 will debut in 2011. Hope he's right!

Back