• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new kansas city member

A

amonshiz

hey y'all! this past week i got my first bmw bike, a 1993 k1100rs. i have in the past ridden a ninja 250r, a 2003 sv1000s, a 2002 gsx-r1000, and a 2003 gsx-r1000. those bikes were all my dad's and this beemer is my first to own. :D :newtoy

not really sure what led me to getting a bmw bike. aside from the fact i didn't want a harley, i didn't have a whole lot of qualifiers for my bike. but, the more i looked on craigslist, ebay, the paper, etc. i realized i was being drawn to the looks and performance of the beemers. i'm quite excited about the new addition to my stable (goes quite well with my 1999 328i) and look forward to many long rides in the future!

you will like the guys at Engle motors (on Turman road in KC) as well... great places to ride around KS and MO

welcome,

B-1

thanks! yeah, i have visited engle a couple times already. they seem like a pretty good place. i wanted to get to know the local dealership/shop and had to pick up the hinges for my right saddle bag.

you bought the ride bike for those prarie roads.

watch out for the kansas state troopers on highway 24. damhikt. :ha

ian

Glad to have you here. How about posting a picture of your bike so we can all admire it?

Check out the regional forum for folks who want to ride to eat or eat to ride.

Supercat - welcome to the forum - a great deal of information and comraderie here.

Check in often

Don't forget that the Ozarks are just a couple of hours south and there's a great dealer there in Bentonville Ark. Eastern Kansas and Missouri have some great roads to ride!

Supercat, welcome aboard!

If you find yourself in the Cottonwood Falls/Elmdale area, keep your eye out for a red/white '93 GSPD and :wave. If you like to camp, PM me. I'll give you directions.

Tom

sibud -- i promise i'll get a pic of my bike up. sadly my camera is on the fritz. i love the bike and its looks, but it isn't in mint shape. there's a little rash on the right side, and the 11yr old corbin is definitely showing its age. but, that's what paint and new seats are for, right? i plan to take it in over the winter and hopefully get the fairings repainted and the decals redone as the rest of the paint on the bike is in very good condition.

ksrob -- thanks for the heads up on the bentonville dealer! if i'm down that way i'll try to drop by. but as i live in kc i'll be doing most of my business (dealership wise at least) at engle. :)

mars -- my grandparents live in eldorado, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to add elmdale to the trip at some point.

visian -- i'll definitely keep an eye out for them. my girlfriend will be moving back to manhattan and i figured 24/40 was more interesting a ride than i-70 (can't get much more boring than that); so i plan to take it.

Back