• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Alaskan Cruise before 2010 rally???

wandrr

WANDRR
What would be the interest level of people attending the 2010 rally in Redmond, OR next year to do an Alaskan Cruise. I found one leaving Seattle on Tuesday, July 6th and returning to Seattle on Tuesday, July 13th at 7am. The rally starts on Wednesday July 14th. Inside cabin prices are $699 right now. If there is enough interest we can get upgrades and who knows what else, but need some interest. I will probably be doing it anyway, just good timing.

I've thought I might ride to Fairbanks before the rally. It's always been a goal of mine to make the Alaska Highway ride from Wisconsin. Redmond is the perfect opportunity. A cruise is a tempting alternative though. One Way maybe?

This cruise I found is one way, returning and the day before the rally, giving the whole day to get down to Redmond.

Don't scrimp on an inside cabin! Get a cabin with a balcony. It's daylight about 21 hours a day that time of year, you could be sitting on the balcony sipping whatever, enjoying the scenery in your undies. An inside cabin to Alaska? Think twice about that one.

I am:)

Alaska is on my agenda, but probably riding both ways. The loop roads are worth it and not a reride back down the same way you go up. The cruise sounds very intersting however and I may look it up for the Southbound cruise out of Ketchikan to Seattle. Either riding or cruising part way is a great time indeed. I've not done either, but have Alaska heavy on my mind out of Clovis,CA.2010 for Redmond too...R1200GSA/KLR650...PS; I hear rooms are optional and many camp on deck with tents, as its permitted also. Showers unknown? I think its a two/three day event on the ship. Randy

Alaska is on my agenda, but probably riding both ways. The loop roads are worth it and not a reride back down the same way you go up. The cruise sounds very intersting however and I may look it up for the Southbound cruise out of Ketchikan to Seattle. Either riding or cruising part way is a great time indeed. I've not done either, but have Alaska heavy on my mind out of Clovis,CA.2010 for Redmond too...R1200GSA/KLR650...PS; I hear rooms are optional and many camp on deck with tents, as its permitted also. Showers unknown? I think its a two/three day event on the ship. Randy

Camping on deck.....you're talking about the Alaska Ferry, not one of the cruise ships. If it was me, I'd do the ferry. Wrangell Narrows itself is worth the trip -- seeing all the eagles around Petersburg and the seals lolling on the buoys. That area is not accessible to the big cruise ships.

Ferry, yes;

Cruise ships probably do not take vehicles? The ferry is likely the one we speak of, yes? I know the camping thing exists on deck and some limited rooms are available, but reserves way ahead are absolute for any of these. If I go the boat route coming back, I will do the camp on deck phenom. Its me:) Wonder what it costs, somebody must have done it already, the homework:). Is it a two day+ passage? And, I'm pretty sure Ketchikan is one terminal? Is that where most pick this up coming south? Lots of questions:). I'll may see some there and my GSA1200....Randy

Alaskan Cruise

The Alaskan Cruise sounds like fun, could you identiy the cruise line maybe the indentifier? It would be a blast if a bunch of BMW riders took the same cruise.
Hal

It is the Carnival Cruise lines. If use cruise through them the price starts at $679.00. We are waiting for Carnival to call us back to see what they can do for us if we sign a bunch of rooms.

Alaskan Cruise Information

I contacted the travel agent that will be handleing the cruise reservations. I would like to post this as a sticky thread but don't know how to go about it. The detail follow:

The Travel Team
http://www.travelteam.com/
Agent: Lynn ext 221
Cruise booking name: BMWMOA
Cruise Carnival Spirit
Phone #: 206-301-0443
Address:2 Nickerson St. Suite 102, Seattle, WA 98109
They can do as many rooms as needed. 10% discount is we have over 10 rooms.
Rates:
Inside: $669
Oceanview: $1019
Balcony: $1269
Suite: $2199
Port Charges and tax $127.31 / person

Details:
Day Location Arrival Departure
Tuesday, July 6, 2010 Seattle, Washington -- 04:00 PM
Wednesday, July 7, 2010 Fun Day At Sea -- --
Thursday, July 8, 2010 Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord -- --
Friday, July 9, 2010 Skagway, Alaska 07:00 AM 09:00 PM
Saturday, July 10, 2010 Juneau, Alaska 07:00 AM 03:00 PM
Sunday, July 11, 2010 Ketchikan, Alaska 07:00 AM 01:00 PM
Monday, July 12, 2010 Victoria, British Columbia 07:30 PM 11:59 PM
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 Seattle, Washington 07:00 AM --

Note: Cruise itinerary is subject to change. Please verify ports and times with the cruiseline directly.

Back