• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Blue Angels I-90 Closures in Seattle

grafikfeat

SEATTLE ÔÇô Drivers should plan ahead for this weekÔÇÖs annual closures of I-90 across Lake Washington for the U.S. Navy Blue Angels Seafair air shows.
:stick

WSDOT will close all lanes of I-90 between I-5 and Island Crest Way several times between Thursday, July 30 and Sunday, Aug. 2.

No stopping or parking is allowed on the floating bridge to create a safer environment for motorists and Blue Angels pilots by reducing distractions to both.

General closures

Thursday, July 30: The bridge will be closed from 9:45 a.m. to noon and again from 1:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. during the Blue Angels' practice sessions. The center roadway will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Friday, July 31: The bridge will be closed from 12:45 p.m. to 2:40 p.m. during the Blue AngelsÔÇÖ practice sessions. The center roadway will be closed from 10:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Saturday, Aug. 1 and Sunday, Aug. 2: Crews will close the bridge from 12:45 p.m. to 2:40 p.m. for the full shows. The center roadway will be closed from 10:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

The bridge will be closed to pedestrians and cyclists up to 30 minutes prior to posted closure times.

Express lanes and ramp closures

Northbound I-5 to eastbound I-90 ramp

Southbound I-5 to eastbound I-90 ramp

Southbound and northbound Rainier Avenue ramps

76th Avenue to westbound I-90 (closed up to 30 minutes prior to show or practice)

Island Crest Way to westbound I-90

Eastbound I-90 to West Mercer Way (closed up to 30 minutes prior to show)

East Mercer Way to westbound I-90 (closed up to 30 minutes prior to show)

West Mercer Way to westbound I-90 (up to one hour prior to show or practice)

The exits from westbound I-90 to Island Crest Way and East Mercer Way on Mercer Island will remain open, although drivers should expect heavy congestion.

Drivers who want to get across Lake Washington via I-90 should plan to get to the bridge an hour ahead of the closures. The SR 520 bridge will remain open to vehicle traffic during the I-90 closures. Marine traffic will be delayed.
:bottle

Back