Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2010 Texas National Rally

attending for sure! friday during the day anyway. not camping out but i would like to meet some new folks and see some new people! should be great fun!

Just a reminder...

Be careful on your descent into Llano on Hwy 71 in particular if you are coming in from Austin .
    A State Trooper runs between US 281 and the city limits of Llano on a regular basis. Very scenic section and easy to lose focus for some. Saw him visiting with two diff folks Sunday.
    Right as you come into Llano on the left is a ranch & fence supply and the local LEO's really like you to obey the 55MPH from the 70 you were enjoying as they hang out between that point and the Jr High School at the HWY 16 intersection with 71. It drops to 40 as you turn right coming into town. Play nice and all is well..even a wave from a few of the local LEO's.

If you come in that direction and need some fuel, go across the truss bridge over the Llano River just past the courthouse and to the corner of HWY 71/29/16. There is a Tesoro station as you make the left turn, then a Valero & Chevron on your right about two blocks down. Most of the retail opportunities (fast food, groceries,gas,and Coopers BBQ) are on this side of town.

Have safe travels ...the weather looks great for the weekend after the coldfront passes Wednesday
    all for now!
    Last edited by henzilla; 04-06-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: add info & changed some numbers
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Tent reservations?

Does anyone know if a reservation is needed for a tent spot or do we just pay at the gate and find a spot?

I'll be there Friday afternoon.
    Dave
    Bullfrog

2007 R1200GS-adv Mad Max
    1976 R75/6 Black Beauty (Actually, it's my wifes' first bike)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
    Does anyone know if a reservation is needed for a tent spot or do we just pay at the gate and find a spot?

I'll be there Friday afternoon.
    Dave
    The host club will collect the massive fee of $1 per person per night and deal with the parks folks...one of us should be under the pavillion almost all the time.We will have some form of sign in and a tent marker showing you forked over your mega dollar or two!
    There appear to be lot's of spaces ...we have the West end from the pavillion and the area near it as well, but can overflow to the east some .

My red Cummins Dodge and big red trailer will be near the pavillion parking on the water side. I'll have a BMW T-shirt on

Baeuty, eh!

Sweet! I'll see ya there. Unfortunately, my SO has an appointment Sat afternoon and since she's a teacher, no luck on friday off. I'll be stag.
    Bullfrog

2007 R1200GS-adv Mad Max
    1976 R75/6 Black Beauty (Actually, it's my wifes' first bike)

Unhappy Can't make it

Sorry to say I have to scrub the very good idea to see you all in Llano for the rally. It's just too early to get to Texas before we leave for Mexico from Austin on the 26th. Instead, I'll be riding to Big Bend on the 13th, trying to be in Blanco on the 18th, riding Hill Country and yes, Llano for some Q.

I'm also looking forward to seeing some of San Antonio and Austin before I trudge off to Puebla and Guanajuato.

Drink a cold one for me in Llano.

Jim

mlaser59
    Okay, I am a dork. Dont know if it's because I am new to Texas or just past 50 and the brain sometims malfunctions, could be both. I rode to Llano for the State rally last Saturday. I am used to the Colorado State rally in Paonia every year which can be quite large, so I am thinikin the Texas State rally should be pretty big as well.

I did not see a single BMW on the ride from Austin, hhmmm, get in to town, no BMW's, asking around for the BMW rally, people are what? So I am thinking the BMW rally just isn't as big in Texas :<). Then I check in to the forum today and realize its this weekend, my SO confirmed I am a dork.

I feel like Homer Simpson

Mark

Thanks everyone!

I just wanted to send out a great big thank you to all that organized the Texas Rally! I had a great time at my first rally and met so many amazing people and I still am amazed at all the knowledge I soaked up in those few days! From the very start, Chuck recognized his old bike and introduced himself. Steve and Helen were two of the best people I have met in a long time, the same goes for the Ganzers! I also had a good time with Nick at the fire (babysitting some grown up children, unfortunately) and at breakfast the next day!

I met so many other awesome fellow riders and their beautiful bikes that it all kinda melts together into one great day. And the presentation from Mr. Arriazola was absolutely amazing! Wow, I certainly found my kinda crowd! Again, thanks to everyone, and I truly look forward to riding with you all in the future!

T
    '07 R1200R - She has 174,550 miles and counting, though I only did the last 24k!
    Still lookin' for my dream bike, a beautiful R1200C...

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it!" Dizzy Dean, '34 Gas House Gang

Thanks for all the hard work San Antonio BMW Riders! We had a grand time this weekend. You can count on us again next year! Especial thanks to Hank for a great travel presentation!

A few pictures though I wish I had some of the BBQ the fire department served up! Guess I was just too hungry. Be sure to get them to do that spread again!

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/n...lly/?start=all

The wildflowers were everywhere!

Voni
    sMiling
    Last edited by Voni; 04-19-2010 at 07:53 PM.
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador Emeritus / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million 100 thousand BMW sMiles

Thanks to all who came out this weekend and to all who helped make it a great gathering. The weather held up for most on the way home I heard. Really great to put faces to screen names as well.
    We hope to learn from this event and be back in the same locale next year even better.
    Hope all enjoyed the site and the scenery!

Tony has posted some of the pics on our site....still under the Rally tab on the
    menu bar....click on the pic....and Yes, that is my tent in the river I am sure more to come of my row of shame.

rule #1 is to not get called away before you finish staking it down

www.sabmwra.org