• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I LOVE Sweet Corn

sweet corn.JPG

Just isn't cutting it, we need to have a sweet corn rally in August. Sweet corn & Beer!! Wi?, Ia?, Ill? so. Mn? who's in lets get this going? A nice camp out in a small village park, maybe get the local lions club to bring a roaster, a fund raiser for them? Serious.:beer

Husker Rally in Franklin Neb. had pretty good tasting sweet corn on cob and a hell of a feed last year. It's a very friendly little rally and am very surprised that more people don't show up. Guess it's because the roads are pretty straight and in "fly over land".

Sweet corn is best if cooked the same day it's picked.
We're lucky here that two different families pick early morning, then bring it to town.
Think it's been available here since early July. I'm surprised it's been good since we're in a moderate drought.
Having it again tonight :)

Sweet corn is best if cooked the same day it's picked.
We're lucky here that two different families pick early morning, then bring it to town.
Think it's been available here since early July. I'm surprised it's been good since we're in a moderate drought.
Having it again tonight :)

Will you deliver? I can live with day old corn.

Corn

We froze about 37 bags of corn from those 140+ ears ( quart bags about 1/2 full ) total we have about 67 bags in freezer. Multiply by 4 or 5 for the total crop from patch. Have more pictures but forum not playing nice with apple now

Successful upload

IMG_2771.jpgIMG_2763.jpg

Not great pictures but you get the idea.
Fresh corn I would cook 3 or 4 ears and make a meal or a snack out of fresh corn

I changed settings on iPhone and took pictures of pictures to get stuff to post, did same thing both pictures and one rotated wrong but you get the idea

I call BS on that one.......... Sweet corn is good, but Ice Cream is several more steps up the ladder to heaven

I’m with Lee on this one. I was stationed in Ohio for three years and I only miss two things about the place; fresh, delicious sweet corn and fresh beef steak tomatoes. The roadside produce stands are fantastic. The tomatoes in grocery stores these days are pretty much tasteless.

I had some really nice sweet corn last night with friends, much better than what we get at home.

Back