• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from PA NJ area

S

skyrider

Hello all,
I've had a '93 K1100LT for a few years now, but yesterday an 80s something? R80RT cought my eye. I will be back this week to see if it is still there. I left it up to karma. In any event, I am sure that a boxer is in my future. I am looking forward to much info!
Cheers, Len S

LenAndyK1100LT.jpg

Welcome Len - this is a wonderful forum with huge amounts of information.

Also great vehicle to ask questions or share.

Look forward to how the R80RT story ends!

Welcome. Glad to have you here and looking forward to hearing how your next bike was found and purchased. Pics of course are always welcome.

Airhead questions? Visit the airhead forum. Lots of good, friendly, knowledgeable folks there.

My first Beemer was a K 1100 LT (blue). Now that I ride a R 1100 RT I sure miss the quickness of the K bike.

Ken,
What part of PA/NJ are you in?

haha close Terance, the name is Len.
I have a house in a small coal town, Saint Clair, next to Pottsville (where Yengling is made)

I am fixing up my mother's house in Pennsauken NJ, I do spend most of my time there, and I do keep a bike there.

Do you ever get to the Abbey on Tues?

Cheers, Len S

Welcome. Glad to have you here and looking forward to hearing how your next bike was found and purchased. Pics of course are always welcome.

Airhead questions? Visit the airhead forum. Lots of good, friendly, knowledgeable folks there.

My first Beemer was a K 1100 LT (blue). Now that I ride a R 1100 RT I sure miss the quickness of the K bike.

Hi Bud,
Thanks for the welcome. That is what attracted me to this forum. I was doing some research on the R80RT, and there seemed to be fantastic info on the airhead forum. Most particular, the "Renegade" story. I have a better feeling of what to look for already!
Cheers, Len S

Hi Terance,

The Philadelphia Riders meet at the Abbaye Tuesday nights. The riders lean toward Euro bikes, BMW, Triumph, Ducati. But not exclusive.

The Abbaye is freindly toward us, we get the fancy beer at discount on Tuesdays, and the food is great. Just a nice place to get dinnner and see some neat bikes. Even the occasional cafe racer.

I should make it there this Tues, but I will be on a Hammer.
If you have the time stop by...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-abbaye-philadelphia

Cheers, Len S

Karma smiles (or laughs?)

Just an update, I did get R80RT/RS. This forum was a great help in the decision. I will post more in the airhead forum...

LensBMWR80RT_RS01.jpg

Cheers, Len S

Back