• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 Rally Location

Taylorville, Illinois home of the State Basketball Champion Team of 1944 with a record no other high school can match these days...45 and 0...

Don't forget the Pinckneyville Panthers!

Wow, what a blast from the past. We (the varsity B-Ball club) that I managed, (no I was not a player) and coach Zigman looked forward to the Taylorville tournament every year. Wasn't it around Christmas?
Players were the likes of Doug Betters (later to play defensive line for the Miami Dolphins) and the Donahue Brothers.

Now, back on topic.

What is the next zone to be considered after the West? (2010)
That should narrow down the possibilities, yes?

Given our current 'template' of rally selection, you need to 'stand down' to DefCon Four, as that decision has already been made.

We will find out once a sufficient number of contracts have been inked. :dunno

I don't want to know where the rally will be beyond 2010. If the location of the 2011 rally is somewhere I cannot attend due the distance or other reasons, I will be disappointed for years. If it is somewhere I can attend and want to go to, a medical, family or other problem would bring me great disappointment. But I might be an odd ball. I wouldn't let the doctor tell me the sex of my children before they were born and spoil the surprise.

Ken

Ok, for you 'do the math' folks: is this do-able? - Bob

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/1430/gifbinwatermotorcycle.gif :laugh

Yes.
You'll notice that the bike was small and light, and moving at a pretty good speed. The rider was minimally attired, since swimming was a distinct possibility.
The trick it would seem is to use knobbies (for slight paddle-wheel effect) and give it plenty of throttle. The rear wheel may sink a bit, but as long as the front wheel can be kept high enough to get onto the exit-ramp (and the rear not getting so far below it that it can't climb on), it should work. Note though that if the distance it too great, the bike will sink too far and the trick won't work.

York, PA

The MOA put on a great rally in York, PA at the York Fairgrounds. It's close to some great riding in PA Dutch Country, Gettysburg and only a couple of hours from Annapolis, Baltimore, and Philadelphia for those interested.

York gets my vote for 2011..!!!

NY Central Park

Before you laugh, just think about it for a while. It would be remembered for years.
Ron

Last edited:
No problem finding a flat spot to pitch a tent in Guam!

Attachments

• 04507.jpg
    04507.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 310
Not hard at all. Neighbors are a bit noisy though.

Attachments

• 080729-F-9387T-032.JPG
    080729-F-9387T-032.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 308
The Commons....

... in beautiful downtown Halifax. If it's good enough for the Stones, Sir Paul and Kiss then it's good enough for us, me thinks. And then.... for the award etc ceremony we move over to Citidel Hill for natural bleachers! The U.S. is wonderful but North America (aka America) is more than just a bunch of territories encompassing only half of the Americas. - Bob

The MOA put on a great rally in York, PA at the York Fairgrounds. It's close to some great riding in PA Dutch Country, Gettysburg and only a couple of hours from Annapolis, Baltimore, and Philadelphia for those interested.

York gets my vote for 2011..!!!

I'd tour the Harley plant for sure.

Pennsylvania or upstate NY around the Finger Lakes or Lake Placid. Great Scenery, Great rides, Great food. Ride Safe :usa :usa :usa :eat :drink
:bar

Lake Placid hosted two winter Olympics (the only community to do this) but is it ready for the MOA? :laugh

For those who want mountain riding and a great admission price - FREE - there is:

Huntersmall.jpg

Color In The Catskills

October 2, 3, 4!

Back