• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member in Seattle

kwillsey

Just picked up my R1200RT this afternoon. She's my 10th bike, but 1st BMW. I've been on cruisers the past several years, so I think it is going to take a few rides to get used to sitting upright and so far off the ground :)

Keith

Keith - congratulations on the new bike and welcome aboard!

I had an RT wonderful bike, the handling is awesome and will blow away the cruisers.

The forum is set up in various sections, the Hexhead has information specific to your bike and a very informative DIY section if you want to do your own maintainance.

The regional forums have local infomation near and around you.

Gear section speaks to various items that go or are for bikes

and there are other forums for conversation and discourse.

Feel free to ask questions or tell us something.

Welcome aboard.

Oh by the way, it helps if you fill in your location and type of bike in your profile so if you have a question folks can better answer it.

Luis

Keith,

You set up so high so you can lean so far over! :laugh:laugh

My riding buddy went from a VTX to a R 1200 RT and just loves it. Took him a while to adjust, as you mentioned, but now he told me he couldn't go back.

Truth is, we love bikes and have many members that own all sorts.

We don't care what you ride, we care that you want to ride.

Hope you can hook up with a local club. Good folks. Good info.

Washington clubs.

Welcome. You're going to be a short distance from next year's rally in Oregon. We just returned from our first BMW rally and it was great. We also changed from a cruiser to an RT -- you're going to have fun getting acclimated to the new height -- especially in the corners. You'll enjoy the forum -- think of a question and either it's been answered and it's on file or somebody here can answer it for you. :thumb

Welcome Keith!
I entered the BMW world a few back with an 12RT after riding way lower bikes...takes a bit of getting used to, now the Cruisers feel odd . Not scraping floorboards in the corners makes sitting taller just fine with me now...once again,
Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome, all.

Though I just got the bike today, I've been lurking here for a couple weeks. The information posted in the forums here has been a huge help in deciding for sure which bike I wanted, and what extras I might want / not want, etc.

Keith

Back