• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Petty rants and other childish musings

----
"pleaded not guilty"
Really?
"<i>pleaded</i>"?
Do you get paid by the letter?
Is "pled" too pedestrian, too easy to say?

While we're at it, "lighted"? You're silly, mr.writer.

Get it all outta ya Scott. Once the little knary shows up, it's adios to colorful forms of verbal expression! :laugh :p ;)

mama dont let your son grow up to be a cowboy..

This is the MOA, aint it? :hide

Pre Baby blues, the old PBB makes us suddenly realize what life is all about, Fast motorcycles, bubba! Life is too short to be squeezed out of a tube!

Two things I hate. When you tell somebody that you’re planning a motorcycle trip, they see what’s-his-face Allen and that gawdalful movie about wild hogs...yoou can see it in their eye that’s what they are trying to imagine you as... (Secretly I am dreaming about reaching out and just giving their ol mammary glands a hard tweak between the thumb and forefinger so they get that image out of their mind once and for all!

lastly I hate the image of a bunch of too stogy, uptight old geezers dressed like there mother dressed em, all lined up in their Michael Jackson look alike plastic clothing right down to the glitter on their shoulder and one glove on and one off in their hand! Help me if I ever become one of these straight up straight shooting carful and more carful guys whose thought of "risking it” is using one sheet of Jane Fonda toilet paper versus the correct 6 in a wad will do! (I think these guys are who Scott was referring)

Hopefully there is some middle ground here, eh?

(Secretly I am dreaming about reaching out and just giving their ol mammary glands a hard tweak between the thumb and forefinger so they get that image out of their mind once and for all!
:scratch

lastly I hate the image of a bunch of too stogy, uptight old geezers dressed like there mother dressed em, all lined up in their Michael Jackson look alike plastic clothing right down to the glitter on their shoulder and one glove on and one off in their hand! Help me if I ever become one of these straight up straight shooting carful and more carful guys whose thought of "risking itÔÇØ is using one sheet of Jane Fonda toilet paper versus the correct 6 in a wad will do! (I think these guys are who Scott was referring)
:huh

Did I miss something at the rally? Is there a Michael Jackson glitter Roadcrafter out now? :laugh (dang, I should look at those catalogs more often).

----
"pleaded not guilty"
Really?
"<i>pleaded</i>"?
Do you get paid by the letter?
Is "pled" too pedestrian, too easy to say?

:thumb

that sticks in my craw every time I read it.

I also grimace at "was given umpteen years."
Time cannot be <i>given</i>, it can only be taken away.
"Was sentenced to umpteen years" is clearer.

#1: Share the road

I come up on a old honda. They immediately scoot over and wave me by. Same for the Harleys and most everything else I come upon. The BMW riders... they I have to pass hard whether they like it or not.

Next time. Share the road.

Well said Scott - I'm tired of feeling like a hooligan, because I NEED to get by a decked out BMW!

Great rant Scott...

My gripe is when one realizes they got passed by a skilled woman...it irks the tar out of them and then they have to prove their manhood by trying to intimidate or pass her back immediately. You roll on for a few miles and will not pass the little Nissan going 5 under or move over so we can in the few places that we safely can. You miss three opportunities in passing zones, but your spacing and speed kept us from taking the shot because we were thinking surely you would pass them. But, realize that when you finally get passed on the straigthaway you see the ponytail and then you decide to hammer down...Geez! A woman passing ME??? Trust me it just pisses her off...she'll wave you by if you can get close enough and she doesn't think you will slow back down under the limit once you do:laugh

We decided to stop after a few miles of your goofiness( you don't know us and we are NOT on a track...leave some freakin space as you were doing with that Nissan) and let you reclaim your manhood or I was going to drift back and have a etiquette class with you.Luckily our having radios and her calming voice kept me from going there. We were riding our ride...you were doing yours...let us by if you don't want to pass anyone! And if you haven't seen the Bob's shirts...She's one of those gals! Move over! Girls CAN ride!

#1: Share the road
-----
You just continue that slothlike shuffle down the middle of the road. Are you alive? I can't tell. The bike is moving, but you might not even be breathing. Curve after curve, there you are, not letting me by. I don't want to startle you. I don't want to unnerve a clearly delicate rider. I'm not the only bike piling up behind you. You must not have noticed me.

Then, when the road straightens out for a bit, you take off like a bat out of hell to show me how fast you really are!

Life according to Knary

I think it's a reference to dinosaurs. Scott is on a roll. Kaiser, I think.
Pass the mayo.

Thats me alright, slow, dim witted and about to go extinct!

Add the giant freakish mustache I have and I could be the poster child for this thread EXCEPT I do ride like an evil devil and don't go slow all that often! Oh, did I mention I eat Husqvarna thumpers for breakfast, lunch AND dinner?!!

:laugh

Last edited:
---
-rant about freakish giant mustaches removed due to offensive material-
:D

---
We're setting up in the campground. There are acres of space. So where do you park your tent? Inches from mine. You've set up so close that we could share tent stakes. Are you that insecure? Or that clueless? There might be some fabric between us, but you'd have us sleep closer than many spouses.

Further, why aren't you yards away? When I arrived at one campground last week, you'd have thought tents were magnetic, everything was clustered so tightly together. A cool day in a campground nestled in a tight valley, there's no reason to huddle so tightly. Invariably someone the next morning will bitch about someone's snoring or flatulence or CPAP machine. The question is, why did you camp so close to everyone to start with?

You want offensive?

"I could care less" offends me.
Do people think about what they are saying or do they just open the old pie hole and whatever falls out . . . . oh, never mind.

Anything you had posted in this thread so far, Scott, not so much.
Actually it was making me chuckle.

I am trying to learn to ride like some of you vets but right now I try to stay out of everyone's way.
Slow in the corners because, well, I'm slow in the corners, fast in the straight? Yes to close the gap because I'm slow in the corners.
Give me a break I'm doing the best I can. If that's not good enough does it mean I cannot ride at all?
OK, point me to the simulator.:ha

You want offensive?

"I could care less" offends me.
Do people think about what they are saying or do they just open the old pie hole and whatever falls out . . . . oh, never mind.

Anything you had posted in this thread so far, Scott, not so much.
Actually it was making me chuckle.

For all intensive purposes, I agree.
:hide

Back