• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I tweaked my helmet at the rally!

wezul

Cage Rattler
I don't know if any of you met Russ, the pinstriping guy at the rally. Besides being one heck of an artist, Russ is an veteran helicopter pilot from the 'Nam era. We had some time to chat while he was working on my helmet. A really decent guy if you happen across Russ (Graybeard Pinstriping) you may want to take a boo at his catalogs, very impressive. Good conversation while we listened to "The American Songbook" on his van's jams.

596148344_xj3RZ-L.jpg

Thanks Russ, I love it!

Want something custom done?

Russ has agreed to stop in Chicago or the suburbs on his way to Sturgis (July 27) or on his way back (August 3). He would want a minimum of 4-5 bikes, he'll do helmets too. I don't have a driveway to accomodate his working on the bikes but if anyone local would like to volunteer their space.....we can still have some custom work done. I'm thinking alittle pinstriping on the bike would be nice.

Wez, glad to see you had alittle something done to mark the ocassion. Russ did a great job of capturing you on that helmet!

Russ' number is 603-738-7313. I posted this in the Chicago Region as well. If interested post here and we'll try to work it out.

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 362
You guys are so funny. Nice graphix, Bruce! :thumb

When I read "tweaked my helmet" I thought you meant something else... :bolt

You *DO* know this means you are going to drop your helmet, doncha?

:laugh

BTW - we were in that same traffic jam on I-65. We finally gave up and took the shoulder, after feathering the clutch for almost a half hour and only moving 100 feet. Ten miles of stopped traffic on a Sunday afternoon.... That's just wrong.

Someday we'll all be like CA and half the rest of the world and have lane splitting.....not! I got caught in the Sox game at 10:30 pm last night. Ugh. Dan Ryan all the way to O'hare.

BTW - we were in that same traffic jam on I-65. We finally gave up and took the shoulder, after feathering the clutch for almost a half hour and only moving 100 feet. Ten miles of stopped traffic on a Sunday afternoon.... That's just wrong.

Bad Juju!!! No more of that, Sue!!!! :doh

I was lucky enough to be at the head of the pack when they shut down the lanes on Monday afternoon and was immediately diverted off onto IN 18. Got the heck away from 65 and backroaded it home from there.

So was I!

Something always happens on 65....either a wreck or construction.....

Nice looking helmet, Wez.

BTW, thanks for sticking me with Steve at the RA. :bottle

I keed! I had a great time hanging out with him there too. Nice meeting you and the other Steve as well.

Hey man, what can I say?
Oh, BTW, all my friends are named Steve, it makes it easier at last call. :bottle :D
Glad you had a good time at the RA and got home safely.
You are home, aren't you? :p

Back