• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally Exit SNAFU?

GHUHN136119

This was my first rally and I had a blast! The people were great, the riding was spectacular and the organizers did a great job!
I was just wondering why everyone riding out had to exit through crowds of foot traffic (past the vendors)? It seems that once some folks start walking they stop paying attention. Barrels were blocking the obvious way out. Or a route behind the vendors.
Seemed kinda dumb and dangerous.

Otherwise, it was great to see so many folks having a good time, and to see so many different bikes.

Until the supposed adults who wander inattentively along the roadways learn to pay at least a modicum of attention to their surroundings we will have these problems. If my grandsons acted like this they would be grounded in the basement with no TV, no gizmos, and only food and water. I saw folks walk aimlessly across roads right in front of bikes; I saw one rider who had to stop on a hill with a wicked cross slope dump his bike because a wandering walker suddenly just stopped and turned while in front of him.

Whether with a towel, or a cup, or reading the program, or whatever, many of the walkers at the rally were truly unconscious.

I was told that the obvious way out was the original plan, but the intersection was on a hill and somewhat blind. Law enforcement deemed it unsafe.

As a driver of the shuttle for three hours on Saturday, I can tell you the number of people who walked right out into traffic without looking was amazing.

I was told that the obvious way out was the original plan, but the intersection was on a hill and somewhat blind. Law enforcement deemed it unsafe.

I camped in the corner next to the natural exit that was blocked off. The intersection was terrible for a motorcycle. I watched a rider try to come in that way even though it was blocked. He dropped his bike in the middle of the road in the rain. A nice neighbor came out and helped him pick it up. I appreciated the blocked road. I could sit in the quiet and watch the 2 ponies and one donkey in the field across the road.

Yes, it was a safety consideration and parking was also prohibited in that area for possible ambulance access.

We exited the Rally after the interseciton was opened and it was not a nice intersection. A stop sign on a hill with oncoming downhill traffic was not a good combination, and then Garmin routed us through the same situation twice more before we made the exit road.

Closing that route was definitely a good call on management's part.:brad

Until the supposed adults who wander inattentively along the roadways learn to pay at least a modicum of attention to their surroundings we will have these problems. If my grandsons acted like this they would be grounded in the basement with no TV, no gizmos, and only food and water. I saw folks walk aimlessly across roads right in front of bikes; I saw one rider who had to stop on a hill with a wicked cross slope dump his bike because a wandering walker suddenly just stopped and turned while in front of him.

Whether with a towel, or a cup, or reading the program, or whatever, many of the walkers at the rally were truly unconscious.

It's astonishing that some folks can ride a motorcycle hundreds of miles to the rally and then turn into unconscious morons when they are afoot.

This is what a streible air horn is for!

Back