• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New AZ Member

G

Grow242

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this if you couldn't already tell by the subject line. I live in Gilbert, AZ and ride a 2004 R11S. Sorry to anyone who hates this movie but I think Ferris Bueller sums it up pretty nicely how I feel about this motorcycle in this quote from Ferris Bueller's Day off:

"By the way, it's (insert my R11S here) SO choice. If you have the means, I strongly recommend picking one up"

If you didn't see it you must have been riding or something.

But seriously folks. I've been riding since I was 5 years old (mostly motocross) and I'm really excited to join this awesome club! I am glad to be a member and look forward to meeting great people that share the same, almost genetic, love of motorcycles that I have. I'm also hoping to absorb some of the vast knowledge this group has to offer as I'm a long time admirer but new to pilot the BMW machines.

I would love to ride with you too! I mean, that's what we are all here for isn't it? And to share and learn from each other? So hopefully we can hook up for a ride and if not I'll see you out on the roads or at the very least, the internet highway, which is not quite as fun. But hey, you can't spend every waking moment on a motorcycle. Some of us have jobs that allow us to rack up some serious saddle time on that dang internet highway! :laugh Really, my butt is pretty flattened from all the work I've been doing lately but at least I can flow home on my BMW (even if it is 115F like it was today)... that makes it all go away.

Cheers!
Chris

SMC

Hey Chris, welcome to the BMW MOA forum! Your passion for motorcycles sounds familiar, you have come to the right place.

You will find a great group of people and lots of good info here. I also know members from the various regions use the regional forums to schedule oppurtunities to get together so keep an eye on "the West" section of the forum. You'll fine the "Oilheads" area has great tech info on your bike too. The "search forum" feature will become your best friend but if you do have any questions, comments, or suggestions let us know.

Once again... welcome.:thumb

Chris - welcome aboard - awesome enthusiasm!!

Please feel free to look around check out the various forums - post a question or a ride report when you want.

Any question just ask there are so many folks here who can and want to help.

Cheers!!

Hello Chris from another AZ'n and I ride an 07 R12S! Also a member of the MOA local club, the AZBeemers and that group is here - a great group as well.

There are great group rides and get-aways. PM me anytime too for a ride, but after a 4089.5 mile turnaround to the 09 Rally in Tn, it may just be a few weeks before I can get on the bike again (it needs a 6K service and new tires after that trip).

Great first post Chris.

Yes, we all love to ride and I look forward to seeing you on the road in addition to the forum.

Back