• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member in Boston

univibe88

I've been lurking for a few weeks and figured I'd introduce myself. I picked up a K75C about 6 weeks ago and found your forum. Despite the bad weather we had in June I managed to pile up over 1000 miles. I've really been enjoying the bike and I look forward to meeting more BMW riders.

Growing up my stepdad always had Harleys. I spent a lot of time riding on the back and knew that I'd get one some day. I took my BRC back in '03 and got my license then, but just got around to buying my bike this year.

I've always liked BMW bikes but kind of stumbled into this one. I just went on Craigslist and searched for everything <$4k within 15 miles of my house. As luck would have it this pristine K75 was only 5 miles away and well under my budget!

2.jpg

Welcome aboard from a neighbor just slightly NE of you.

Beautiful bike and kids.

Now that you have out of lurking you can start sharing your ride experiences and other items.

We have a Regional forum North East for "local" events and happentings and there is also the K Brick forum for all things mechanical associated to that style of bike.

That is just the tip of the iceburg of what this forum can provide so explore, ask questions offer tips and have a good time.

Luis

Welcome Aboard Univibe88

Welcome Aboard Univibe88 :wave

Just about any technical question you might have about your rides
and
where to take them touring is available here either via the search button
or
by just starting a new thread.

Those K-75s run smoother than a sewing machine and most of them outlast their riders - even the two cuties sitting on the bike.

Come back often and post a few pictures.

Paul

Welcome neighbor (I'm in Salem, MA). As a fellow former lurker, I can say you will be happy to be in the light:thumb

Looking forward to your ride reports. Looks like a whole week of sunshine for us! How strange.

Looks like a whole week of sunshine for us! How strange.

Too bad work is going to get in the way!

I put in almost 400 miles over the weekend. Started out but cutting out early on Friday and going out Rt 16 from Newton through Sherborn and Hollison to 140N and then took 110 over to pick up 62E and back home on 117.

On Saturday morning I left at 5:30 am and took 117 to 62 to 140N and picked up 12N all the way to Keene, NH. I took Rt 2 home and was back by 9:30 in time to cook breakfast for the just waking family. I saw two other K75s on the road during this ride!

On Sunday I did the ERC course near Worcester. Took the same 110/62/117 route home.

Paul, you are right about the smoothness of that bike. It's amazing.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am really looking forward to meeting some local guys.

Too bad work is going to get in the way!

I put in almost 400 miles over the weekend. Started out but cutting out early on Friday and going out Rt 16 from Newton through Sherborn and Hollison to 140N and then took 110 over to pick up 62E and back home on 117.

On Saturday morning I left at 5:30 am and took 117 to 62 to 140N and picked up 12N all the way to Keene, NH. I took Rt 2 home and was back by 9:30 in time to cook breakfast for the just waking family. I saw two other K75s on the road during this ride!

On Sunday I did the ERC course near Worcester. Took the same 110/62/117 route home.

Paul, you are right about the smoothness of that bike. It's amazing.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am really looking forward to meeting some local guys.

A lot of us have our K75 stories. My SO's favorite is, while crossing Arkansas on the "grey lines", I kept rubbing the toe of her boots on the pavement. Mine is, our first "short" ride. We covered 300 miles.:whistle They are excellent bikes.:thumb

Welcome to the club and forum.:wave

Tom

Welcome :wave from a fellow MA K75 owner. As you've already heard, there's a lot of info and expertise on the K / Brick forum. Make yourself at home.

Back