• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motorcyclist Friendly Motel- Williamstown Kentucky!

Pat Carol

Ambassador
If you are looking for a motorcycle friendly motel and clean facilities, I am currently at the Best Value Inn here in Williamstown, Kentucky. The facilities are very nice along with the owner and his lovely wife.
They have indoor parking for motorcycle's. They have offered a special discount for BMWMOA Member's that will be on the road too the National Rally. The motel is off of exit 154 from I-75.
The phone number is (859)-824-7177. They have a continental breakfast in the morning. Just show Vic your motorcycle and tell him where you are headed. He will set you up with a discount.

Take Care & Ride Safe
Pat Carol

And, as you roll in to TN, stop at the travel center and ask for their motel coupon book. Lots of savings! And every one we've tried has been motorcycle friendly!

Voni
sMiling

There is only one problem with these posts- I-75 is a heavily traveled slab that is sometimes loaded up during vacation/holidays with cars and mucho trucks! Parts of that stretch are also rough pavement,esp. the north bound , just after TN border.
IMO,there are some better roads to head that way which are motorcycle friendly. Point being, decide if you want the motel/traffic,coupons, etc., or a scenic curvy , albeit slower road through KY. Some here are taking US 27 while I would use the Mountain Parkway starting just east of Winchester,KY via I-64/ E. A variation is to take the Natural Bridge St. Pk exit on the same road and do the scenic route south from there. Look for Miguels' Pizza on the left. I live in the vicinity of that exit.

Pat Carol--That motel sounds like a winner! We stayed at a nice one before in London, KY. It's a motel with outside your door parking, a steak place next door that serves and a Cracker Barrel behind it for the am. No indoor parking. Their prices are ~$60/night.

Kantuckid--What do you think about this route from London, KY to the rally site?

My wife is riding with me so we're looking for primarily a safe route, without a ton of traffic and relatively good scenery. I've always wanted to go through that Cumberland Tunnel (and see my tax $ at work!). Thanks! :thumb

Attachments

• London KY to Rally.jpg
    London KY to Rally.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 92
Since you want to see the Gap area it would be the way to go. There are more scenic routes , overall, but the Gap area is worth the visit. I would try a different way back, unless your in a real hurry. There will be many of us there that can guide you to some roads and scenery going north .If you like BBQ, go to Sonny's in Corbin! I smoke BBQ @ home and still like Sonny's . They have a bunch of sauces on the table and you dose it on yourself, if and how desired. It's economical and good too.We never eat the buffet there as the BBQ and sides take you down! Also available up the road in Richmond,KY. If you might happen to like crafts-I mean the real thing , not what is called crafts as in department store "craft section", etc., stop in Berea,KY and there is a KY center at the interstate exit and the go downtown for much, much more. Also, for country music lovers there is Renfro Valley Music Barn and a country music museum not far from there.

Paul and I avoid interstates at all costs, but cool country roads sometimes intersect with them. And even Mom and Pop's are in the coupon books now.

66 today was really FINE!

We're actually doing lots more camping this trip.

Voni
sMiling

Back