• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Stuck in Kansas with a broken hip

Jackies wife and son have arrived safely and are by his side. They have raised his spirits. :hug

My wife says thanks to the Watsons for the flowers they sent her they are beautiful !!!!! Thanks RT

Goin Home

Stopped by to say so long to Jackie as he is going home today. I could tell how excited he was at the thought of getting out of the hospital and going home although the hip was giving him a little trouble last night. He had a very busy day yesterday.

We talked about motorcycles and the various models he might get IF he gets another ( he will) I told him to make plans for Redmond as I plan to ride out to his place and then on to Redmond with him and his new GS-/5-RT ÔÇô what ever he comes up with anyway Good luck to you my friend sorry for your pain and great hopes for the future.

Your friend Rick

Attachments

• Jackie 002.jpg
    Jackie 002.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 111
It looks like he's maintained a sense of humor.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, I did 2 weeks in rehab myself.
I'm sure he'll be right as rain in no time, waving buh-BYE to all of the nurses,
CNAs and PTs.
Keep us posted, won't you?

New hip? New bike:)

Thanks for sharing the story and best regards to your Dad. I sent him a email, so he knows this, from me! My best friend had the hip replaced three years ago, an avid horse rider. STILL today, riding horses a lot, every week in NO PAIN with new hip in place. She was so elated to find her passion was still with her, after such an operation and recovery. Its a tough one, indeed to go through, BUT do not give up your passion for the hip, as its better than new, believe me. Judy, my best friend rides several times a week in the saddle and on my Beemer too, at 59 and has NO PAIN at all. Be positive and we'll meet another day at another rally and your Dad on his newer Beemer:). Randy

Back