• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cabot Trail trip 3840 km in 5 days.

SilverMOA

Well I finally did it. I have been wanting to do the Cabot Trail on motorcycle since I was young. Bought a beautiful 2003 R1150RT back in december, added some farkles(Cee Baileys +4.5" shield, Sargent seat, Throttle rocker and Talon Eagle brackets and pegs) for long distance touring, filled the cases and attached all camping gear on the back seat and set off on july 5,2009 from Sherbrooke, Quebec at 07h30. Rode to Drummondville-Quebec-Rivier du loup-Edmunston -Fredericton-Moncton- and stopped for the night in a Truro area camping site. 1200 km for the first day(in rain and heavy showers). Next day took off ,still raining, to do Cabot Trail(clock-wise). This as to be one the most beautiful places in Canada. Rode all day and had a chance to take a few photos, eat good seafood and met some very nice people and fellow riders. After the trail I headed to PEI from the ferry in Pictou to camp for the night. 800 km. Next morning I had breakfast in Charlottetown and after headed for the Confederation bridge towards Baie des Chaleurs-Chandler. 800 km. Next day Perc?®-Gasp?®-Sainte Anne des Monts-Matane-Rimouski-Riviere du loup- and finally Quebec city where I stayed for the night at my brothers house. 600 km. Last day took me from Quebec to Sherbrooke where I arrived at noon just in time for lunch. 240 km.
Now I fully realize that this RT is an awesome sport-touring bike. This exhilarating adventure will stay in my memory for a long time and I hope to add many more miles in the near future. By the way, hope to see many of you in Mosport for the Summerfest next weekend.
Regards.

Patrick - great ride report - my wife and I covered most of your spots you mention a coupel of years ago so we know how wonderful those riding areas - too bad about the early rain but it sounds like it did not affect your trip at all.

Please post some pictures when you can.

Thanks for sharing.

Luis

Cabot Trail photo

Definitely one of the great bike roads.
Next time I will try it counter-clockwise.
Enjoy.

Attachments

• 027 [640x480].JPG
    027 [640x480].JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 130
Next time you go, camp at Meat Cove. We woke up to Whales in the cove in the morning when we were there in June! :thumb

Attachments

• Nova Scotia 107A.jpg
    Nova Scotia 107A.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 127
Very nice roads! I have been thinking about a trip in Eastern Canada for my wife and I next year or two. and this are looks about perfect. Thanks for posting and for taking the time to stop and take pictures.

Back