• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

K75 rekeying seat lock?

barooo

I'm swapping bits and pieces to convert my low seat to a high seat. Will I (or a dealer or locksmith) be able to rekey the high seat lock, or do I need to order a new one? I'm assuming I will not have a key to it, just the lock ass'y. Looks like the lock is either $50 or $60 depending on if I get it coded or not (I assume coded means ordered to fit my ignition key, and not means with a 2nd key? Perhaps the 2nd key version could then be rekeyed since I'd have a key for it?)

A good locksmith can rekey the cylinder you have.

FWIW, for my 92, my locksmith uses a B69K blank, which is for a 37-40 Mercedes.

I'm pretty sure that you will need the new cylinder. I needed one when I went from a low to high seat. The shims can be removed and inserted into the new high seat lock cylinder.

Back