• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

gel pad gloves

A vibration issue?

Ultra,

I see you are looking for additional, "Palm Aids," for the R1100RL. I just got back into town and found the foam grips waiting for me; they'll go on the bike this afternoon. Do you think that padded gloves are required as well? If your bike has that much vibration, you could sell 2-up rides as a, "Marital Aid."

I'll be out of the country for a week starting tomorrow. I'll PM you when I get back.

Something that a lot of us "older" riders are experiencing is that with all the damage we have done to our wrists over the years with forward lean riding positions, typing without proper ergonomics, and mousing as well, and many other abuses. We now get tingles or much worse just from keeping our hands, wrists in one position pressing on the handlebar. It has very little to do with vibration from the bike itself. It is more postioning. Gel gloves and foam grips really help.

We just ain't as young as we used to be.

I have had Carpal Tunnel surgery on both hands & I have basically worn out my hands -no it wasn't mousing that did it.When riding I find that wearing a thin polypropylene liner glove helps very much and actually isolates more vibration than the feeble gel patch in the palm of many gloves. That's not to say that gel is of no use, but for me I see it not helping much. You can get the liners @ Dick's and Campmor has the best price if you are doing an order anyway.When doing work such as chainsaws , string trimmers and the like , I wear insulated , Carhartt, winter work gloves all year long, just because of the padding. They might be hot but it sure beats not having hands that work. Other great helps are learning to ride with a throttlemiester and using a loose grip(especially on slab), plus doing finger exercises while you ride when in a safe location .

Back