• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New guy in Central CA

M

Malinois

Hello all, I just joined BMWMOA and thought I'd drop by to say hi. My current ride is an '07 R1200GS. It is identical to my first '07 GS that I totalled a couple years ago while playing on a dirt road. The new bike greatly prefers the highways. :thumb I recently completed my first Iron Butt Asociation Saddlesore 1000 and I've now got the long distance touring bug in a bad way. The GS is an outstanding tourer/ sport bike.

I'm from Central California and my favorite ways to spend my time off are my family, my dogs (two Belgian Malinois) and my GS, in that order. :clap

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've got your priorities right. for the motorcycle side of things, you will find this site has a lot of great people and great info too.

Love to here about your adventures. Maybe somtime you can give us a ride report.

If you have any quesions, comments, or suggestions let us know and once again, welcome!

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've got your priorities right. for the motorcycle side of things, you will find this site has a lot of great people and great info too.

Love to here about your adventures. Maybe somtime you can give us a ride report.

If you have any quesions, comments, or suggestions let us know and once again, welcome!

Thanks for the welcome Oldhway. :wave

I'll be happy to give ride reports after my trips. I enjoy taking photos and sharing my rides. I look forward to reading and learning a lot from everyone else as well. Here are a couple pics just for fun:

UtahSep07-24.jpg

CraterLakeSS1000025s.jpg

DSCN3286s.jpg

Welcome aboard - nice pictures - like the one of the sand dessert a lot.

Plenty of stuff in the reginal and bike specific forums.

The Hexhead has a very well developed DIY section to do standard maintanance yourself.

I too want to get the Iron Butt bug - hoping to do a Saddlesore 1000 next summer.

Come back often and share.

Wow! Great pics. You have a real talent and I look forward to reading your ride reports.

Welcome to the madness. You will fit right in here. Glad to see you got a replacement bike and it is a beauty.:thumb

Thanks for the kind words Luis and Bud. :thumb I'm looking forward to my stay here.

Back