• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My Long Ride for Life

July 19

Hooked on the Smokies

I left Johnson City, TN on Sunday morning and headed back to southern NC for more great riding. I picked the wrong day to ride the Blue Ridge, but I had a nice surprise when I got to Highway 64.

601280762_pta8E-L.jpg

July 20

Over the Smokies, past the Dragon.

I'm probably the only guy who has ridden in the Smoky Mountains who didnÔÇÖt take the time to do the Tail of the Dragon. I think I found a more enjoyable alternative called the Cherohala Skyway.

602490390_T2Yxw-L.jpg

July 23 - 24

Beating back the funk

My cousin and I took a two day trip down to Natchez, Mississippi. Although it looks like IÔÇÖm backtracking, this was a special trip. For all the details and lots of photos please check out my website (link below).

603865236_wyneC-M.jpg

July 29

Kicking back in Franklin

This is a great little town just 20 miles south of Nashville. ThereÔÇÖs lots of historical sites in the area, as well as an amazing amount of great old homes, and a nice downtown area. YouÔÇÖll find my quickie home tour on my website.

605768195_83wCb-M.jpg

July 30

Dodging the Dark Clouds

Departing the Nashville area, Hwy 31E and the Cumberland Parkway took me across Kentucky to the Daniel Boone National Forrest. I did a big loop, ending up in Manchester just as the storm front finally caught up to me. Another seven hours of great roads included a quaint little college town.

606525029_q3ZZn-M.jpg

July 31

Coal Country

Winding through 300 miles of great Kentucky roads, I kept one step ahead of ugly rain clouds on the way to West Virginia. Along the way, I made a quick detour into Ohio just for fun. More details on my website.

607475384_ox2MC-M.jpg

Aug. 1

West VirginiaÔÇÖs 200 mile motorcycle road.

This trip through the Monongahela over to Shenandoah National Park is six hours of motorcycle nirvana. I wish I had real time video instead of a point-and-shoot camera.

609357318_i3E9v-M.jpg

Aug. 2

Monsoon Ride

After ten hours of heavy rain, fog, truck spray, road construction and other pleasantries, I finally made it from Shenandoah National Park to New York State.

The clouds only parted just as I crossed the border.

610906752_z68MR-M.jpg

Aug. 3

Through Russia, with Love.

Today was all about the Adirondacks, and crossing Lake Champlain into Vermont. Clear skies, light traffic, and wonderful views. All the details and photos on my website.

611642502_mSyrQ-M.jpg

Aug. 4

One month - 6,000 miles

This is start of month two of my ÔÇ£Long Ride For Life.ÔÇØ If you just joined the trip, itÔÇÖs great to have you along.

If you have been following my trip from the start, reading the blog on my website and have stuck with me this long, how about making a small donation or a pledge to the American Cancer Society? Details are on the right-hand column of my home page. The website linky is below.

Aug. 4

Traveling Buddy

Picked up Janet at the airport this morning. WeÔÇÖre running up to Stowe, then down along Hwy 100 to Waitsfield, home of American Flatbread. ItÔÇÖs all on the website.

613425401_NuzXD-M.jpg

Aug. 6

In the heart of Vermont

By the time we got to Woodstock we were half a million strong - oops , wrong place, wrong generation! But our little journey was just as fun and a lot less crowded. Hwy 100 was made for touring on a motorcycle. More good stuff is on the website.

614007381_36VSJ-M.jpg

Aug. 7

To New Hampshire and back

Sometimes you come across a fantastic road that was not on your intended route. ThatÔÇÖs one of the many wonderful things we got to enjoy today.

615169000_e8V3a-M.jpg

Aug. 8

Chester and Weston
We checked out more great little towns and hamlets, and enjoyed more great roads and wonderful old homes. We are even getting great weather. Follow along on the website.

615682953_i3o3j-M.jpg

Aug. 9

Along the Connecticut River

It was a great run down the river road to Southern Vermont. Slower and bumpier than the faster interstate, but much more satisfying. We visited the closest thing to the town of Stepford this side of Hollywood.

617234771_NpmLo-M.jpg

Aug. 10

Back to New Hampshire

We crisscrossed the Connecticut River on our way to Lancaster to attended the UnRally. RogerÔÇÖs campground turned out to be the perfect venue for our get together. Read more on my website.

618505620_uA492-M.jpg

Aug. 11-13

Three great days in New Hampshire

Had a super time with the gang at the Unrally. Lots of great riding over the three days, and the food was pretty good, too. See my website for all the details.

620119541_wEbfX-M.jpg

Aug. 14

Into Canada

We left New Hampshire, and took a quick run across northern Vermont on the way to the airport. There I had to say goodbye to my traveling companion of the last ten days. Next, Mark led me across the border to his home town.

620865214_q5Gvs-M.jpg

Aug. 15

Leaving Ottawa

Heading out from Ottawa, I made a quick detour into Quebec. Then it was on to Lake Huron in search of my campsite.

622973851_6h92r-M.jpg

Back