Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 85 K100RS battery removal

On my list...
    Was gifted a K75 last Spring (thanks Doug!) and was looking at battery recently, wondering how in the heck am I getting it out. Will go give it a shot today
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Back in the day when K75's&100's were new they came with a small owners manual.
    I think it had a little pictorial showing how to remove the battery. Pretty much easy to understand. I think the install portion was it saying just do the reverse. Most of those little manuals are probably long gone.

I've crammed an Interstate lead acid battery in there twice, one in my 85 K100RS and one in my 90K75S. I had to leave clamp off I think because battery is a whisker taller. The computer holder also then touches the top of the battery. Its a little squeezy.

When I remove my lead acid battery I push it to the rear enough to deflect the "rear fender" about 1/2 inch, tip the top back and it lifts out, back and up.

3 Red Bricks
    The battery clamp strap can be turned over to account for "some" slight differences in battery height. The rubber holddown for the coolant overflow bottle must also be removed and installed on the other side of the strap.

Don't know if that will help your particular case.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Quote Originally Posted by colemanrobh View Post
    Thank you very much! I think I can beat this clip now. One way or the other.
    Beemer mechanics....." If it doesn't go one way, it must go the other".
    Just an old guy here. Killin' bugs at a rapid pace since '68. Desert dweller.
    Current force: '77 R100/7 ,'85 K100RS-Aug84, '85K100RS-Aug84, '85 K100RS-June85, '93K1100LTSE,'93 K75LTP,'08K1200GT, (2)'72 CB 750s, '76 Honda CB500,