• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Columbus OH riders - need service recommendation

N

nationwide

Hi guys,

I'll be riding cross-country soon on my new-to-me R1200GSA and will need a 6K service done IVO Columbus, OH. Can anyone recommend one shop or another for good service? I will only be there a couple days and will be busy with family reunion-type stuff...otherwise I would do it myself, so to speak.

If you'd rather not publicly relate your experiences, you can always PM me.

Thanks for the local knowledge!

Bought my 04 Roadster from the these guys...
http://motohio.com/

Actually...from prior ownership at a different Columbus location, but I understand many of the same techs work there. They did every other service for me while the bike was in warranty, everything was OK AFAIC...
Never taken the R to new location for service, but buy parts there and it is an impressive place....

As JM1515 stated Motohio is in Columbus. There is Holt BMW just east of Athens, Ohio. Pretty good bunch of folks there. Re-Psycle BMW is in Lithopolis, which is just at the southern edge of Columbus. They do service work there also.

Mathias BMW in New Philadelphia has an excellent reputation, even though it's a pretty tiny shop - exclusively BMW.

Service in Columbus Ohio

I have got parts from Motohio and have had good luck, nice bunch of folks. Do not use Northwest Honda in Hillard that sells a few BMW's. I had a repair job done their and they are hacks and the service writer needs to learn how to handle cusotmers.

Holt BMW in Athens and Motohio in Columbus are both great !
If you like old BMW motorcycles you must visit Re-Psycle BMW is in Lithopolis just south of Columbus.

Back