• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from NE PA

J

jpruddy

Just joined up. Good deal with roadside assistance, monthly magazine and of course the forum. Been riding a 2002 K1200LT for the past few years after stepping up from an 02 R1150RT.

Use the bike for everything from taking it to work to long distance rides with my brother-in law on his LT.

Attachments

• 2002 BMW K1200LT 001.jpg
    2002 BMW K1200LT 001.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 33
Welcome. Extra bonus points for posting a pic of your bike in your first post. :laugh

Wondering why you switched from an RT to an LT. Care to share?

Coming from mainly a sport bike/sport touring background I found the RT to be a real fun bike on the back roads and well as a great tourer. It handled well on the back roads here in NE PA and although it had some weight to it, it was a fun bike to ride. I had it on a few 3-4 day rides and it proved to be a pretty good touring bike.

Long rides on the interstate are a lot smoother with the LT though. But the LT can still be a fun bike on seconday roads. Real twisties are not it's forte, although it does handle real well for its size. I've taken it down Skyline Dr. and the Blue Ridge which are nothing but turns, but these roads are limited to reduced speeds. Plus the 02 RT didn't have cruise which I feel definitely takes some of the edge off a long ride. Get this LT on the interstate and it can really chew up the miles.

Overall I'd take the LT for the kind of riding I do, which is 300 to 400 mile days, I don't feel as tired or worn out as I did riding the RT with it's subtle vibes from the opposed twin.

Welcome Aboard - nice bike.

Check the K brick forum for information regardign your bike and the NE Regional forum for activities around your area.

Luis

Welcome! You've got lots of neat roads in your part of the country. Don't be shy about posting ride reports with pics. PA is a beautiful place.

Back