• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

N

NicolasV

Greetings!! January 2009 bought my 1st BMW (2007 K 1200 GT). I can not believe the technology of today's motorcycles. Home is Live Oak, Texas. July 6, I will be heading for Boston Ma. to see my new nephew born 2/28/2009. Good reason for road trip. Will hit the national rally on the way back home.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome.

I don't have the hang of this Forum thing. My 1st attempt. I will be headed to Boston Ma. 07/06/09 This is my 1st BMW and I can't believe the tech going on now.

cathdeac

I really enjoy rolling to Austin, have family and a few friends there.

road info

Anyone have helpfull info on San Antonio to Boston roadtrip. I was thinking 6 to 700 mile days. Maybe campground stops?

Welcome to the Club and forum. You chose a really nice bike!

When tripping cross country, I figured on averaging 50mph on my K12RS unless I was in a hurry. Most all of my mileage was done on two-lane back roads because I found them more relaxing, but if you are in a hurry, jump on the slab, set the cruise at traffic speed, and eat up the miles. 8-900 mile days aren't bad if you have a comfortable seat. Camping cuts into riding time, since I like to have everything done before dark, and therefore, I'd cover less miles per day when camping. Usually, I'd stay in Mom and Pop motels while traveling, and save the camping for after I got to where I was going. Start looking for motels about an hour before sunset or you may end up having to stop someplace that is less than desirable.

Tom

Greetings!! January 2009 bought my 1st BMW (2007 K 1200 GT). I can not believe the technology of today's motorcycles. Home is Live Oak, Texas. July 6, I will be heading for Boston Ma. to see my new nephew born 2/28/2009. Good reason for road trip. Will hit the national rally on the way back home.

Welcome to the family! Ride well, and often. Looking froward to seeing you at the rally in Tennessee - you *will* be amazed! :nod

Welcome!

Any reason is a good reason for a road trip on a K1200GT but yours is better than most. Have a safe ride, enjoy the rally and tell us all about it when you get home!

Welcome to the land of BMW. I too am new to BMW and so far am loving it. Only problem I can report is that everywhere I go on my GSA, people come up to me and want to know about the bike, trips, or the latest one (yesterday from a little 'ol man: "tell me some stories"). Hope you enjoy your new ride and your trip.

Back