• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hex head DYI library controversy!!

R

RSPENNACHIO

THERE IS NO CONTROVERSY (I only used that title because bad news draws more attention than good news):dunno Sorry!

I spent some time yesterday looking at theHexhead DYI library posts and I must say, thanks for the great job you guys did!! The step by step pictures and instructions are outstanding.

I am pretty confortable wrenching on my cars (even when they are newer) but for some reason I was reluctant to touch my bike with anything other than a sponge.

But the details and pictures really demistified this situation. My most recent task was changing my tires. Yeah I know pretty low tech and easy... I wanted to save a few bucks by removing the wheels from the bike. After looking over the post in the library I got motivated. Both wheels were off without insident in one hour (extra time was spent expaining every step and why to my 7 years old son plus he got to turn the wrench a few times too).

I know that I will also do the brake pads and fluid change, final drive, trans and air filter when required.

I am hoping that a few people (at least 10) will thank these guys for the stellar work! I'll start.

1) RiderRob - Thank you.
2)
3)
4)

I concur. Read my previous posts from last night and this morning's project.:dunno

I seriously could not begin to work on my bike without this stuff. It's been an awesome learning experience.

I am hoping that a few people (at least 10) will thank these guys for the stellar work! I'll start.

1)RiderRob - Thank you.
2)Expatriated
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

-quote this section and add your name to the list.

1)RiderRob - Thank you.
2)Expatriated
3)hlothery
4)dividgiannini
5)alanrd
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

-quote this section and add your name to the list.

Half way to the minimum required!

One of the main reasons I renewed my membership was because of the tech info. and this forum. Great job fellas!!

Originally Posted by rspennachio

1)RiderRob - Thank you.
2)Expatriated
3)hlothery
4)dividgiannini
5)alanrd
6)airoilheadbeemerguy
7)cookie
8)
9)
10)

Call your friends and tell them to blow this up! :type

Originally Posted by rspennachio

1)RiderRob - Thank you.
2)Expatriated
3)hlothery
4)dividgiannini
5)alanrd
6)airoilheadbeemerguy
7)cookie
8)leadfoot
9)
10)

Call your friends and tell them to blow this up! :type

It is always nice to have a second opinion available when there is just a hint of doubt. Thanks guys!

Being new to BMW and MOA, I am just beginning to take a look at the hexhead DIY forum. But I can tell it is really going to be helpful. A great big thank-you to all who have contributed.

Many thanks from me also. But, I'm waiting for the info on changing my brake fluid on my '07 R1200R.

1)RiderRob - Thank you.
2)Expatriated
3)hlothery
4)dividgiannini
5)alanrd
6)airoilheadbeemerguy
7)cookie
8)FLbmw
9)
10)

1)RiderRob - Thank you.
2)Expatriated
3)hlothery
4)dividgiannini
5)alanrd
6)airoilheadbeemerguy
7)cookie
8)FLbmw
9)stkmkt1
10)
11)
12)
.:lurk

1)RiderRob - Thank you.
2)Expatriated
3)hlothery
4)dividgiannini
5)alanrd
6)airoilheadbeemerguy
7)cookie
8)FLbmw
9)stkmkt1
10)Phaedrus
11)IamBob
12)

I took the laptop into the garage, and started wrenching.. Unbelievably accurate.

All I can say is...

The info in the DIY section is absolutely w o n d e r f u l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it wasn't for this info and that of other forums, I would be held captive by the dealer..

Thank you, thank you, thank you..... :dance

Back