• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

No Clue as to what make this bike is...

Was on a Vintage bike ride here in Colorado the other week. Looks British but that's as close as I can get. Anyone have a clue to the maker?

Attachments

• 4790_1169265239248_1456485332_497015_3748009_n (1).jpg
    4790_1169265239248_1456485332_497015_3748009_n (1).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 197
Looking at that 2nd link I think your right. The frame etc. had kind of a Vincent look to it but I couldn't recognize the engine. A friend of mine was on the ride and sent out these pics and I wasn't there to look close for a name on the bike.
Thanks!

I haven't a clue. I tried blowing the picture up but that is not really in my skill or software set. It looks to be a V twin when I do that.

:lurk

I may have been wrong about the V-twin. Dang pictures when you blow them up. Her is the engine from a 1935 Vincent HRD 500cc Comet

vincent-hrd_comet_engine_lg.jpeg

and a view of the entire bike

vincent-hrd_comet_lg.jpeg

Front ends appear to be same/simlar, ditto tank line and general lines. Different casings in the primaries etc. Could be a later-generation single Vincent? :scratch

Nice bike just the same.....:thumb

Looks like a Series A Comet, from about 1935-39 time frame. (There's a virtually identical black & white photo in my copy of VINCENT: THE COMPLETE STORY) Do I get a cigar?

Here we go: http://www.thevincent.com/vinmodel.htm

Attachments

• vincent_1938_comet.jpg
    vincent_1938_comet.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Back