• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post pictures of fun you had this summer on your bmw:

Showing This Alton Brown lookalike how it's done. You may also have spotted him in the Ride On segment from the national.

Attachments

• VegCurt.jpg
    VegCurt.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 809
Well, I'm going to call it a night for this tale. Here's one of the last pictures taken at the rally, of a sunset from- of all places- Sunset Vista on the Talimena Scenic Drive. This picture does not even do a daydream about this sunset anything even remotely resembling justice!

Attachments

• OKSunset.jpg
    OKSunset.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 797
Great pictures Veg!

Seems I recognize some of those roads by the lake -- and that parking lot where you met the locals!

But where in the world is that old church located? I have yet to see that one in my ramblings around T-town.

First days of January, Pacific Mexican Coast :clap

15647469-M.jpg

Ixtapa

15648019-M.jpg

Shawshank Redemption

ANDY: Think you'll ever get out of here?
RED: Sure. When I got a long white beard and about three marbles left rolling around upstairs.
ANDY: Tell you where I'd go. Zihuatanejo.
RED: Zihuatanejo?
ANDY: Mexico. Little place right on the Pacific. You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I'd like to finish out my life, Red. A warm place with no memory. Open a little hotel right on the beach. Buy some worthless old boat and fix it up like new. Take my guests out charter fishing.

(Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo are joined at the hip down there) Ixtapa principly a new tourist construct was built by Zihuatanejo, a very lovely, slow moving old fishing village. Enough of the geography lesson.

Dave Hoover
Been There. :thumb

nice to see this thread perhaps entering its second year, keep the pictures comming!

BubbaZanetti said:
nice to see this thread perhaps entering its second year, keep the pictures comming!

Bubba! What ya got? Come on now, holding out? Surely you've been someplace
recently, right?

Teaser shot. Glacier Point Parking Lot.

24913445-M.jpg

Ian

sure, although its still technically "spring", a recent trip to vermont*:

*disclaimer, "having fun on your bmw" and "taking a picture" my not be the best two activites to combine, i'm glad most people are posting pictures of their BMW's in a static position, and to those of you with helmet cams and the like, the manager of this thread salutes you :clap

Attachments

• Vermont 2.JPG
    Vermont 2.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 639
Cliffy777 said:
fill in the blanks woodja? what track? when? yer bike? how did it do?

Sorry, got a ride report here

K1200s @ Texas world speedway this past may.
The new S is a rocket, but i was pretty
tenative in the corners. The bike did well
and would do better if I hit the marks.
However, it does feel long and changing
lines in mid corner wasn't easy.
Compunding that was the fact I was usually
in the wrong gear on exit so drive out of
the corners was compromised. Still,
by the end of the day it was only the
instructors passing me.

Have to go back now!

Eric