• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post pictures of fun you had this summer on your bmw:

Knary giving a packing lesson at Spokane
6588844-S.jpg

Some upstanding females at Spokane
6588813-S.jpg

Miles and Miles of this (think this was still Montana)
6583401-S.jpg

Colorado the weekend after Spokane with the AdvRider bunch
6581610-S.jpg

Just under 3 weeks and 4300 miles on the GS.

Twas a pretty good summer

I made it out west for the first time . . .

Bear Tooth Pass, with buds
6669210-L.jpg

Skalkaho Pass, Montana
6672574-L.jpg

The road to Yellow Pine, Idaho
6672607-L.jpg

. . . and I got to enjoy some of the local splendor: West Virginny
8757717-L.jpg

Hey BGirl, Greg, and Mushman -
Great shots. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
RA Rally

Sunday morning at the RA rally in Canaan State Park WV 19 Sept.
You can't tell but you are looking at 1/8 inch ice covering everything.
Guy in background is using a cigarette lighter to thaw out his tent poles.

Last edited:
Summerfun

Here is a pic

Attachments

• Bryce Canyon #16.jpg
    Bryce Canyon #16.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,200
Summerfun 2

Here's more

Attachments

• Crystal Reservoir in Black Canyon NF#2.jpg
    Crystal Reservoir in Black Canyon NF#2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,199
summerfun 3

And one more. Kodachrome Basin near Bryce Canyon

Attachments

• Kodachrome Basin rocks and trees and bike#1.jpg
    Kodachrome Basin rocks and trees and bike#1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,195
summerfun 4

Last one. Lake Macdonald in Glacier NP

Attachments

• Glacier NP Lake McDonald # 3 # 2.jpg
    Glacier NP Lake McDonald # 3 # 2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,183
I had a fantastic summer of riding.

We start early with a jaunt to Daytona with the Sheepshagger. We saw some hogs in a pickup:

2772990-M.jpg

In New England the season starts with a weekend campout in Vermont we call the Frosty Nutz:

4298480-M-1.jpg

Here is a shot from the road on Mt. Equinox:

4299070-M.jpg

In June we hosted the Minuteman 1000 a 24 hr endurance rally. One of the bonus locations was a National Park Service plaque on the Appalachian Trail. Our riders had to get a photo of their flag at the marker. Seems like someone wanted to also get their wedding picture at the marker too:

11687254-M.jpg

Doug Mo went up there with me:

11691561-M.jpg

Later in June the Yankee Beemers hosted our Pemi River Rally for Laconia Bike Week. Angelo Pollock did a SS1k in from Chicago. It took a few tries to get a picture of him with his eyes open:

5394168-M.jpg

The Toy Box Trucking Team also introduced our new beer garden, staffed here by the Pineapple Brothers:

5394193-M.jpg

MOA Ambassador and all around great guy Brian Manke rode in from Wisconsin so I had to take him for an early ride on the Kancamangus highway:

5394169-M.jpg

So much fun had us jumping for joy:

11686576-M.jpg

In July the highlight of my summer was my trip west to Spokane. The Sheepshagger and I put the bikes in his new 3500 with the duramax diesel and headed west in air-conditioned comfort:

6644304-Th.jpg

We started out at the Top of the Rockies, a great rally.

11712477-M.jpg

From there we hooked up with Angelo and the Dawgmeister and headed to Spokane. No ride in the area would be complete without a stop at the infamous Lolo pass 77 miles of winding road sign.

11687262-M.jpg

From Lolo we went on to Spokane.

11713132-M.jpg

To be continued:

After Spokane Kbasa, the sheepshagger, pineapple and I took chacifer on the crazy uncle tour to the Adventure Rider campout in Ouray, CO. We had a great time. I found a very lonely post office:

11687253-M.jpg

Outside of Ketchum, ID I ran into a bunch of people I know from sailing. I raced with the guy on the left to Bermuda a number of years ago. The old cat on the right raced against my father and grandfather. It was rather surreal to run into them so far from salt water.

11687260-M.jpg

I got a great shot of Pineapple, the Shagger, Kbasa and Chacifer.

11714613-M.jpg

We also stopped in Moab. I was all amped up to see the arches and wanted to go for sunrise. I am very glad we did.

11687255-M.jpg

11714699-M.jpg

We had a great time in Ouray. I took a little field trip up into the mountains. I had never ridden here and it was very cool.

11687261-M.jpg

6646633-M.jpg

While we were in Ouray the Shagger mentioned to Chace that if she preferred to do the tour du corn in the dually we would be happy to tow a trailer if she decided to rent one. Here is a photo of Chace shortly after she realized that not only were we not going to let her drive, she was never going to get the front seat either.

6646641-M.jpg

We did a perfect Bun Burner Gold but last I checked the IBA doesn't recognize guys who tandem up in a truck. :doh

6646648-M.jpg

More to follow.

Once back in New England we still had some great events left.

The first weekend of August is our Damn Yankees Rally. Doug MO introduced Scottish Trials. The DYR is a great time and kids are welcome. Here Doug gives a demonstration of how to handle one of the obstructions.

7168922-M.jpg

The real star of the show was Windjammer dude:

7168919-M.jpg

While Windjammer dude won the trials Corbett Nye captured the can toss:

7204601-M.jpg

These guys cheated:

7168751-M.jpg

Chace went up to Jamaica and scored a cool housecoat.

7204598-M.jpg

And Bubu the bear stayed behind and got smashed.

7204597-M.jpg

The DYR rally is in the middle of nowhere in western MA. We take care of fresh donuts by having special delivery.

note the club colors on the chopper
7124831-M.jpg

At the end of August we went up to Swanton Vermont for the U.S. National Trials championships. The real highlight of the trip was meeting farmer Daniel. Daniel opened up his farm for the event. We were the only folks camping on bikes and he invited us to stay up by the dairy barn. He warned us that the lights come on at 04:30 for milking and the cows like music. Here is Daniel doing what he does:

11687249-M.jpg

The next day Peter demonstrated the basics of counter steering:

11717193-M.jpg

Two weeks later Daniel purchased a new F650 GS. We are going to have a great time riding with him next summer so long as we can schedule it around the milkings.

It was a great summer with great times and great people.

Best,

Rob Nye

What a great summer, eh, Uncle Rob? Let's do it all again next summer too! (just so long as I'm not :german)
:bikes

End of Summer Trip

Gonna try a few shots from our trip to the Rockies and beyond. Not sure how to load more than 1 pic in a post. Still learning. Any suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_TRRtop.JPG
    IMG_TRRtop.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 897
MostlyIrish said:
Not sure how to load more than 1 pic in a post. Still learning. Any suggestions appreciated.

The software is configured to limit you to attaching one file per post. The people who are doing multiple pictures are using links and hosting the pictures on other servers. So you are not doing anything wrong.

If you want to link to a picutre on another server click the "mountain" icon and then paste in the URL for the image.

Back