• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post pictures of fun you had this summer on your bmw:

sunsetride.jpg

This is a picture of my motorcycle at the old ore dock in Ashland, Wisconsin when I toured the south side of Lake Superior.

Attachments

• ashland.jpg
    ashland.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 573
Show Me State

July, South Central Missouri

Attachments

• powerplnt.JPG
    powerplnt.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 572
Fun on beemers

I always have fun on my beemer.
This was taken on the way to the National in Ohio

Attachments

• rushville_s.jpg
    rushville_s.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 555
Speaking fo fun....

Batman, Supergirl, and Tie-dye guy (?) at the CRV Rally memorial day weekend.

Attachments

• Fun_s.jpg
    Fun_s.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 552
ian408 said:
24227200-M.jpg

Somewhere along Hwy 49 near Coloma, California. Gold Country.

That's my home digs... you're maybe 30 miles from where I grew up there.

Great riding road, that one. So is Salmon Falls road :=) And French Creek Road. And... And... And...

Well, here is a trip I did this fall. I took a long weekend to visit Grayling, Michigan during fall colors, and to get in some of the great fall fishing. The fishing was really good:

Attachments

• Trout.jpg
    Trout.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 728
The trip to Grayling was followed about a month later by a trip to Port Huron to visit a new friend from the forum, Jim VonBaden, who was working there on a temporary assignment. It was an extremely windy day, with high wind warnings from the weather bureau, and I probably should have paid closer attention. The ride home was exhausting, but it was fun to visit Port Huron. The picture is the Blue Water Bridge, connecting Michigan and Canada:

Attachments

• BluewaterBridge.jpg
    BluewaterBridge.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 731
Last edited:
Taiwan

OK technically not on a BMW, but still a fun ride. Taiwan has had a restriction on motorcycles over 150cc in place forever. You simply could not register a motorcycle over 150ccs for street use. There have always been hoards of scooters and small displacement bikes but nothing larger than 150ccs. In late 2004 this law changed and Bikes of all sizes are now allowed. Large bike business is booming there and most mfgs. have dealerships there that seem like they "sprang up" overnight.

I had a chance to ride with some friends on a borrowed Yamaha XJR1200. This was a little scary, borrowed bike, Asian traffic, riding with 15 other people with less than 1 years experience on a large machine, etc. We headed south out of Tainan, they took me on some of the most incredible mountain roads I have ever been on. Our regular, logical, "rules of the road" do not really apply and this was easily the most dangerous ride I have ever been on. I'm sure I was one of the very first westerners to ride a motorcycle in these mountains. At each placed we stopped locals seemed amazed when I took off my helmet. Large bikes are rare enough there, large bike ridden by a large goofy white guy was almost like a UFO sighting.

7-11 Stop for refreshments. I'm the big one in the orange shirt. "My" Yamaha XJR1200 on the left.

Attachments

• taiwan1a.JPG
    taiwan1a.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 714
The XJR1200

Notice the lack of chicken strips (the roads had awesome tight corners)

By the end on the day the peg feelers were gone and I had ground away a nice little chunk of centerstand.

Attachments

• taiwan2.JPG
    taiwan2.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 715
Lunch stop in the mountains

Attachments

• taiwan3a.JPG
    taiwan3a.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 715
Here we are hanging out on Hwy 128 trying to figure out where everyone's
turn was. RT's in the back, K's in the front :D

29627460-M.jpg

We're headed home after an nice run up the coast.

Back in town at the end of the day. A non-rider member of our party caught this shot of me out of the rear window of the car at a traffic light.

Attachments

• taiwan4.JPG
    taiwan4.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 717
Belg said:
That's my home digs... you're maybe 30 miles from where I grew up there.

Great riding road, that one. So is Salmon Falls road :=) And French Creek Road. And... And... And...

Oh yeah! That whole area is just the best. Camping, riding, everything.

Ian

Back