• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post pictures of fun you had this summer on your bmw:

Summer fun!

Between Angel Fire, NM and Ocate, NM - 12 miles of "unimproved roadway" - Weather and scenery were spectacular.

DSC00014_2.JPG

Heres a picture of me in Colorado at the top of Independence Pass outside of Aspen after the TOTR rally.

Attachments

• independence pass.jpg
    independence pass.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,221
Some work

Yes. Some Garage Work. Here's a bad shot of a summer's work.....

Attachments

• dsc00578.jpg
    dsc00578.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 1,162
And some Play

This is what it's all about....The Bash.

Attachments

• dsc00597.jpg
    dsc00597.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 1,155
KBasa said:
Had some fun.

6597907-M-1.jpg

Having looked at this thread a few times and contemplated posting majestic landscape shots, I've come to realize that none can top this shot. :thumb

Battletrax

Battletrax came to Detroit again this year and I had to try it out.
If you don[t know, it is a short course laid out with three left turn circles and one right turn circle and timed by electronic devices. For $5 you can run it ten times and try to improve your skills. I went from 108 seconds to 58 seconds and quit after five runs. The youngsters on dirt bikes and pocket bikes did much better.
It was fun to watch the pocket bikes tear around the course.

Here's a few from this weekend. Technically, not summer but
it'll be winter here soon...

9064591-S.jpg

9064594-S.jpg

9064613-S.jpg

9064624-S.jpg

9064627-S.jpg

Hope you enjoy them!

ian

The rocks are at Devil's Post Pile National Monument.

Located near the town of Mammoth Lakes, CA.

Ian

knary said:
Having looked at this thread a few times and contemplated posting majestic landscape shots, I've come to realize that none can top this shot. :thumb

Aw, thanks. It was fun, though there's an unedited version floating around somewhere. :evil

Good thing that this wasn't a competition for beer/money since it looks like Ian could be a professional amongst us.

RW

my turn

OK, I guess that I'm ready to post a little retropective of this summer's riding fun. Not that it's COMPLETELY over mind you.....

03 was my first big season of riding and there were lots of firsts - first time motorcycle camping, first time riding out of state, etc. I really didn't expect much from 04, but I was pleasantly surprised. In fact, there were more firsts than last year, and they were much more exciting. Here are some of the highlights and my favorite pictures starting with a picture that I took on the way to Branson:

Attachments

• Branson Helmets.jpg
    Branson Helmets.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,039
I went off-road riding for the first time in May. It was fun, I'd like to do more, and it made me a better street rider.

Attachments

• dirtygrrl.jpg
    dirtygrrl.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,034
I rode outside of the country for the first time in July. It was my first trip ever to Canada. The gorgeous yellow flowers that were everywhere just took my breath away. I wanted to stay here and take more shots - Tracy and Brad did not share my enthusiasm.

Attachments

• yellowflowers.jpg
    yellowflowers.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,019
I think you must be getting me mistaken with someone else... heck I even remember taking some of my own pictures. :stick

I was cranky in Banff :cry

It was also the first time I'd ridden a motorcycle out west. When I was deciding whether or not to go, BMWRich58 told me that I'd be a fool not to. But he also warned me that it would be so wonderful that all I'd want to do would be to go back. Here's me and the /6 during a ride through Glacier Nat'l Park. That was a great day.

Attachments

• Rebecca at Glacier Park.jpg
    Rebecca at Glacier Park.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,013
Another highlight was my first competitive rally on my newly purchased first oilhead - a '96 R1100RS. Here's the bike at one of the bonus locations on the GM400 in very, very rural Vermont. I'll be definitely be doing more rallies in '05.

Attachments

• Galickhomesteadresized.jpg
    Galickhomesteadresized.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,014
One of the things I'm most proud of is my first Bun Burner Gold. On August 17th I rode 1578 miles in 22 hours and 55 minutes. It was challenging and fun and I can't wait to do more. So yeah, it was a great season. Thanks for letting me share. :bikes

Attachments

• BBGresized.jpg
    BBGresized.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,005
Back