• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What is surging?

H

HODAG

I've heard alot about it on r-bikes, but own a k-bike. I'm in the market for a boxer, and have no clue what surging is or feels like. What to look for during a ride?
mark

Cruise along at a low-to-middle rpm, maybe 3000-4000 with a steady throttle. If it is REALLY bad, it will feel like the kill switch is being operated intermittantly. Did you ever run a carbureted bike out of gas? If so, you know the feeling of uneven power when the gas is sloshing in the float bowls shortly before the engine quits. THAT is what surging feels like.

WOW...

I've speculated over its' feeling vs severity, but had No Idea it could get that bad. Impressive it got released to production in such a state. The R11HR is the only R259 I've been on & it got a lobotomy in its build. Makes it tough to believe NA / AG can ignore the scenerio so easily. Dog eats homework but gets turned in late after reemergence..... Hmmm. TNX <<<)))

Back