• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

stayin dry

Hello; I recently had to ride through 3 days of rain here on the wet coast. I have a Joe Rocket ballistic .4 coat which I wear with a set of rain gear lowers that I bought at Canadian tire. I usually wear hiking boots, which will let water through if I'm out long enough.

I find if I can keep my feet on the passenger pegs, I can last all day with out a soaker.

I have a pair of Bellstaff overmitts which I wear ove my mechanics gloves, toasty warm and dry.

My Nolan 100 was directing the rain down my neck, so I wore a hoody to drink it up until I went out and bought a new helmet, a HJC flip face, which is quite a bit quieter as well even though the visor is stiff and ventilation isn't as good, it does keep me dry.

I found a gen-u-wine BMW one piece rainsuit at Mid Ohio this year for a mere $20.I look like a human traffic cone,but it works!!(They will never say"I didnt see him Officer!)

Hello; I found a set of bellstaff overboots in my local dealers 50% off box. They have velcro down the side and an elastic stirrup, and a toe piece that goes under your toes and keeps the front taut. They're made of that waxed cotton that keeps out the rain and folds down to a wallet sized package. Now that will take care of teh only part of me that was getting wet.

Back