• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The SOUTH

Ok, so I am going to add TN, MS, LA, TX, AR, and KY to the south.

Will everybody then be happy?:dance (including the folks in those states).

Add TN and MS for sure.

TX is definitely not the south; everyone knows it's an entity to itself. Even most Texans admit that. Seems to fit in the southwest before it goes in the south. Plus, once you start barbeque-ing cows, you are out of the south.

AR and KY are not the south either. They are more midwest type of states with a few southern characteristics.

LA is really its own thing too with unique culture and geography. But I say adding it can be ok if necessary. Good buffer state in many ways.
:p

now, ian, i thought you were scottish. and the scots were some of the earliest settlers of the south.

historical enough for me! :drink

the original ian
True! But as we both know, Ian(1), New Yorkers were the second earliest settlers of the South... :whistle

Add TN and MS for sure.

TX is definitely not the south; everyone knows it's an entity to itself. Even most Texans admit that. Seems to fit in the southwest before it goes in the south. Plus, once you start barbeque-ing cows, you are out of the south.
:p

:laugh:laugh:laugh:rofl:rofl:rofl
That one is gonna stick with me for ever!

BIG SIGH....

Ok, here is what I am going to do. I am going to add AR, TN, MS and LA to the South, and give DC back to the Northeast.

And that is how we will keep it for now, OK?

By the way, I think the Texas boys need a Lonestar flag smiley.

Hood did command a Division of Texans under Robert E. Lee. However, Texas has both mountains and prairie. Such a delimma!:scratch[/QUOTE]

Why don't we set up a boundary. South of the Mason/Dixon and east of the "Big Muddy".

And Hugh excuse me for saying so but; Hood, although one of the bravest, was one of the south's worst generals - he almost lost his entire army somewhere up in Tennesse/Kentucky.

I'll bet he would have rode a Gold Wing too. It would have had to be a trike though because they widdled him down to one arm and one leg. Sort of like that Monty Python movie.

And Hugh excuse me for saying so but; Hood, although one of the bravest, was one of the south's worst generals - he almost lost his entire army somewhere up in Tennesse/Kentucky.

I'll bet he would have rode a Gold Wing too. It would have had to be a trike though because they widdled him down to one arm and one leg. Sort of like that Monty Python movie.

Didn't fare too well at Gettysburg, either.

Now go away, or I will taunt you a second time!!:laugh

Didn't fare too well at Gettysburg, either.

Now go away, or I will taunt you a second time!!:laugh

Sorry about the Gold Wing crack, but I've been reading about your new purchase this past week and just couldn't help myself. Good luck and enyoy the new ride!

I wish I was in the land of cotton.....:whistle

Sorry about the Gold Wing crack, but I've been reading about your new purchase this past week and just couldn't help myself. Good luck and enyoy the new ride!

I wish I was in the land of cotton.....:whistle

I like a good ribbing as much as the next guy. That Goldwing is smooth as butter, man........:thumb

Lotta cotton in Texas, BTW........:stick

Lotta cotton in Texas, BTW........:stick[/QUOTE]

Okay, let Texas in....it was honestly a seccesh state. And from what I've been reading it may be again, if the Govenor has his way.

...Old times there are not forgotten,....:usa

BIG SIGH....

Ok, here is what I am going to do. I am going to add AR, TN, MS and LA to the South, and give DC back to the Northeast.

And that is how we will keep it for now, OK?

By the way, I think the Texas boys need a Lonestar flag smiley.

We would LOVE a TX smiley!:usa:german

TexSux doesn't fit either the southeast or the southwest...it's just one big-ass prairie separating the two, and neither region claims it. Kinda like Virginia; northerners think it's southern and southerners think it's northern.

And just because a southeasterner wouldn't BBQ a cow doesn't mean that it's not tasty. There are few things as tasty as a very slowly-smoked and OH-so-tender brisket, kissed by just enough sauce to notice (or less, if your personal taste says so).

AR and KY are not the south either. They are more midwest type of states with a few southern characteristics.

Arkansas definitely ain't the midwest. It's not flat enough. :laugh

And just because a southeasterner wouldn't BBQ a cow doesn't mean that it's not tasty. There are few things as tasty as a very slowly-smoked and OH-so-tender brisket, kissed by just enough sauce to notice (or less, if your personal taste says so).

dude, we need to get out to Pappy Red's. they have a brisket sandwich to die for. on jalapeno bread.

and... there are mountains in texas.....

bigbend1.jpg

(but not enough to be included in the great state of mountainia. :nono

ian

And just because a southeasterner wouldn't BBQ a cow doesn't mean that it's not tasty. :laugh

Oh, we'll eat the hell out of a cow in the south, but we call it grilling steaks. If we want BBQ, we kill a hog, build a fire under the wash pot, and start digging a great big pit.

The GS was invented as a possible way to drag dead hogs out of woods and swamps. Note that the BMW training center is located in SC. Sadly, the optional rifle mount was discontinued early on.:eat

Southern Surprise!

Now we need to add TN,MS and LA the the South.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a "The South" group. Thanks for the efforts to make the listings correct.

But, y'all can not add us to the south. We are the south!

Thanks again!:dance

I was pleasantly surprised to see a "The South" group. Thanks for the efforts to make the listings correct.

But, y'all can not add us to the south. We are the south!

Thanks again!:dance

tennessee is now in the south. i threw my, cough, considerable weight around. :ha

Back