Thread: Bing CV carbs

Question Bing CV carbs

The quest for info continues. Does anyone know of a shop that will exchange the carbs off of my '74 R90/6 for two rebuilt ones? I know my limitations and would not attempt to do the rebuild unless under direct supervision of someone who knows how to do the job.

Is that Williamsbirg or Willamsburg, VA? Anton Largiader has a shop in Charlottesville, the other side of Richmond:

http://www.largiader.com/

He might take on the job of rebuilding your carbs. Bing will also gladly rebuild your carbs and send them back.

http://www.bingcarburetor.com/

Alternatively, tap into the Airhead clubs or locals and get someone to show you how to do it. Have a tech day at your house...provide something to eat, a magic ice chest, and they will come!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

mymindsok
    Don't be such a wimp!

Rebuilding Bings really isnt such a big deal. In fact, theyre dead simple compared to a dellorto! Follow the instructions in your shop manual, do one carb at a time and things should go swimmingly.

Oh.... And do join the Airheads and attend a couple of tech days. I've seen two or three guys sit down and rebuild a pair of Bings in less than an hour!

I'm Airhead 3596 and which finger are you wagging at me? LOL
    I'm a wimp, wussy and a witeweight. Would love to find a local tech day, unable to host one myself at this time.

BUBBAZANETTI
    now, now gents, take it easy.

i rebuilt my first Bing CV carb last month. one thing i was amazed at, it was virtually impossible to screw them up! if you keep relatively careful record of how you took them apart, they go back together just the same! i didn't go all out, just replaced the rubber bits and diaphragms as they only had 17K on them.

mymindsok
    Quote Originally Posted by jcofwmburg View Post
    I'm Airhead 3596 and which finger are you wagging at me? LOL
    I'm a wimp, wussy and a witeweight. Would love to find a local tech day, unable to host one myself at this time.
    Thats funny!!